Chapter Seven

"Is this all a plan to make me jealous?" Dylan put a hand on my lower back and pulled me toward him.

"No."

"Are you sure?" He brushed his lips against my ear.

"Yes."

"I don't believe you."

"You should. I really needed a job."

"Why?"

"Because I need money..."

He mumbled something under his breath.

"What did you say?"

"Don't worry about it."

"Okay..."

"Do you want to come back to my house? Like I said, we're having a little party."

"Could we do something else? Coffee maybe?"

"You want me to take you out for coffee?" He stopped in front of his car. A black Audi SUV.

"Is that a problem?"

"Of course not." He opened the passenger door for me. "I just thought you might like to get to know my friends."

I waited for him to get in. "It has nothing to do with trying to get me back to your room?"

He grinned. "I was hoping that would happen no matter what we did tonight."

I looked out the window. It was dark and hard to see the stores lining the street.

He started the engine and put a hand on my leg. "I'm glad we're on the same page. I was worried when you skipped out on me that you regretted it. I know I don't at all...I'm ready for it to happen again."

Damn my body's response. Even knowing how lackluster the first time had been, I wanted him. It had to have just been a fluke, and the foreplay had been good..."I need you to be honest with me."

"Sure."

"Are you just looking for someone to hook up with? I know it sounds weird, but a one night thing I can do, but I'm not interested in a friends-with-benefits setup."

"I don't want that either. I have no intention of sharing you with anyone."

"But will I be sharing you? Obviously, you don't owe me anything exclusive but—"

He put his hand on the back of my neck. "You're the only one I want. I already told you I've wanted you for a while. Now that I've had you, I'm not interested in settling."

He ran his fingers down my neck, and something about it drove me wild. Maybe it was thinking about what else those fingers could do. "We can skip the coffee."

"Are you sure?" He gave me an amused smile.

"Yeah. We can get some next time."

"Or tomorrow morning...that is, if you actually stay the night this time."

"That really upset you, didn't it?"

"Of course it did. I asked you to stay, but you didn't. I had no idea where you went."

I shrugged. "I'm sorry."

"Apology accepted. Just don't do it again."

I didn't say anything while Dylan drove the short distance to his house. He parked right out front, and met me on my side of the car. "Get used to waiting for me to open your door."

He wrapped an arm around my waist and led me up the front steps. He opened the door, and loud voices greeted us. The house was set up completely differently than it had been the night before. Large couches filled with people took up what had been open space.