Chapter Four

To: amy_monroe@mail.com

From: juliethegreat14@mail.com

Subject: Hey!

Dear Amy,

Don't worry about Dylan. I haven't even seen him yet. Don't do anything you wouldn't do? Based on that list, I'm guessing you've done some pretty crazy things. I may take you up on those shirts. Do you have last year's formal shirt?

Your Sweet and Well-Behaved Cousin,

Juliet

Cara, Mallory, and I grabbed drinks from the big vat and explored the party. I kept glancing around for Dylan, equally excited and terrified at the thought of seeing him. The place was happening, and it wasn't even nine-thirty. I didn't recognize too many people, but other than the girls in my house and my floor, I'd barely met anyone yet. The crowd was so noisy I couldn't even make out what kind of music was playing. I concentrated really hard, determined to figure it out. Two arms slinked around my waist.

I spilled a little of my drink as I was yanked back against a solid chest. "You have some explaining to do." I didn't need to turn around to know it was Dylan whispering in my ear.

"Hey..." I needed to stay calm. It wasn't a big deal—I'd already slept with him.

"Hey, yourself. You were supposed to stay the night."

"I wasn't tired. I figured you wouldn't notice." I tried to move out of his arms so I could look at him, but he didn't loosen his hold.

"I woke up in the middle of the night wanting you so bad, and you weren't there. Not even a note with your phone number. Your house was empty the next day. And are you the only person on the planet without Facebook? I couldn't even find you that way."

"I have it, but only my friends can find my profile."

His lips brushed my earlobe. "Add me as a friend, Juliet."

I shivered. Why was I shivering? "Okay. Are you going to let me go now?"

"Only if you promise not to run off on me again."

"I promise." He moved his arms, and I took a step away. I glanced at Cara and Mallory. They both looked shocked.

Cara recovered quickly. "And who's this?"

"Dylan Bradley." He held out a hand. "Welcome to the Omega house, ladies."

"And you know Juliet, how?" Cara didn't beat around the bush as she accepted his handshake.

"I've known Juliet a long time. Mind if I borrow her for a little while? I promise I'll give her back in the same condition you left her."

Both girls giggled. "Don't leave without calling," Cara warned before they walked off.

Dylan turned back to me. "You ready to tell me what happened?"

"Nothing. I just wasn't tired, so I left."

"And you couldn't at least tell me you were leaving town the next morning?"

"I didn't want to wake you up."

He put a hand on my hip. It felt like he touched my skin through the flimsy material of my tank top. "I wouldn't have minded being woken up by you. In fact, I would have enjoyed it." He tugged on my hip, and I fell into him. "I would have convinced you to stay a few more days."

Why did he still have the ability to make me shiver? "I'm sorry. I really didn't know what I was supposed to do."

"Want to have dinner tomorrow night?"