Chapter Twenty-Three

To: amy_monroe@mail.com

From: juliethegreat14@mail.com

Subject: Wow

Dear Amy,

Did you hear about my new boyfriend? Brandon and Nick didn't eat him alive. I might be in love.

Your Giddy Cousin,

Juliet

"Finally!" Reed walked into the Delta Mu house like it was something he did every day.

I jumped into his arms, enjoying the feel of them around me. The house was completely empty. I was grateful that my dad bought the whole "no men in the house" story I'd thrown him. I hated lying to him, but I needed to see Reed.

"I said I'd be here at seven."

"I know. You're on time. I just hoped you'd be here early."

"No such luck. My dad had to make, like, five stops before we left town. I'm lucky we got here when we did."

"You ready to go?"

"Eager to get me back to your place, huh?"

"Very." He picked up my bags and walked back to the door. I made sure the door actually locked behind us.

We walked the few blocks to the Kappa house. I'd never seen the place so deserted. "Are you the only one here?"

"Nope. Now you're here too."

"Very funny."

"I have a surprise for you."

"A surprise?" My thoughts immediately went back to the last surprise a guy gave me. I hoped this one had nothing to do with handcuffs. Somehow, I didn't think that was Reed's style.

He started up the stairs, and I followed, excited to see what he'd gotten me.

"Wow. Is this the right room?" I looked around-I barely recognized the place without the dirty clothes, books, and papers spewed all over.

"I figured that if you were staying a few days, I might as well clean-up for you."

I reached up and pulled his head down to mine so I could kiss him. "Great surprise."

"What should we do for dinner?"

"Can we order in? I'd love to find a really bad movie to watch."

He sat down on the edge of his bed. "A bad movie? Why not a good one?"

"Because I don't want to worry about missing any good parts if I'd rather make out with you."

He laughed that really deep laugh of his. "In that case, let's find a horrible movie."

***

We spent most of the next few days in bed. I know how that sounds, but it just sort of happened. Campus was empty, and other than work, we had nothing else going on. It's not like we had sex constantly, it was more that we'd have sex and then spend three hours naked in his bed talking. I never worried about being naked with Reed. It always felt natural.

I couldn't get enough of his touch. I didn't care where it was, but I loved having his hands on me. I'm pretty sure he felt the same way about having my hands on him. Maybe it came from months of repressed feelings, but we were constantly coming up with new ways to explore each other. I'd never imagined I had such a creative side.