2. ECHOES OF LOST LOVE

"Now and then I think of when we were together
Like when you said you felt so happy you could die
Told myself that you were right for me
But felt so lonely in your company
But that was love, and it's an ache I still remember
But you didn't have to cut me off
Make out like it never happened and that we were nothing
But you treat me like a stranger, and that feels so rough
No, you didn't have to stoop so low"

        ~ Somebody I used to know
_

_________________________________

When Mrs. Kishan saw Ishan was downstairs she pulled him to sit and have some food.

She said she was gonna feed her son even though Ishan whined that he had grown up and could eat himself.

" Maa ke liye bachhe bachhe hi rehte hai chahe vo kitne bhi bade kyu na ho jaye." She said and started feeding him.

He was eating while thinking how long it took him to get this comfortable with his own family.

'Family'- a unit having a couple and their children living together, a simple 6-lettered word that held so many emotions to Ishan, wasn't something he thought he could even have. Even though he had both his parents and a lovely sister living with him didn't mean he had all the support and warmth he sought until the last few years. The only people who he thought were his family were his grandparents.

Ishan grew up living with his grandparents in Delhi as his father worked in Italy at an MNC. Due to some reasons, Ishan couldn't move to Italy with his parents and when they could finally were able to take him with them he didn't want to since he practically spent his whole childhood with his grandparents, he was fond of them and had a great bond with his dadi specifically so he didn't want to leave them.

During his childhood he was having the time of his life. Ishan being academically bright didn't face much difficulty at school and was a social butterfly.

But one night his life turned one-eighty when his grandparents died in an accident. His parents had to rush to India with baby Nishita. Ishan,who had turned seven just a few days ago, was traumatized.

This was his first heartbreak. He couldn't move on from the fact that his grandparents are dead now, he didn't even get to say a proper goodbye. He was broken inside.

Their parents wanted to stay with him in India but couldn't due to their job. So they decided to Talk with Ishan about moving with them to Italy. They had this thought in their mind that Ishan would move with them easily but it was the opposite.

He cried and said he didn't want to go away from this place, their home where he grew up. The place was heaven to him, a lot of memories took birth there while his parents were away.

He didn't want to go away.

It took them a week to convince Ishan to move with them and told him it was the best for him. In the end, he agreed to move leaving those memories behind.

_________________________________

After everything was settled Ishan was taken to Italy. Since he didn't spend much time with his parents he wasn't much close to them. He stopped talking much and remained quiet. Parents were so worried about his mental health.

He went to therapy when things got serious, he never went outside, refused to eat with them, and never talked with his parents. His mom was worried, dad was worried, they both understood that their beloved son needed some time to heal himself. They also put many little effort so they can build a beautiful relationship again.