8. AN ENIGMA FEELING

Oh, all my friends are turning green
You're the magician's assistant in their dream
And they come unstuck
Lady, running down to the riptide
Taken away to the dark side
I wanna be your left-hand man
I love you when you're singing that song
And I got a lump in my throat
'Cause you're gonna sing the words wrong

~Riptide

__________________________________

After bidding farewell to his new friend at the pet cafe, Shubman's heart brimmed with contentment and joy. The memories of playful animals and shared laughter lingered as he made his way back to his apartment.

He took a moment to reflect on the day's adventures, recalling the antics of the adorable pets and the camaraderie shared with his friend.

Feeling grateful for the simple pleasures of life, Shubman decided to brew himself a cup of coffee after reaching his apartment. 

Whistling a cheerful tune, he unlocked the door and stepped into his cozy living space, feeling a sense of warmth wash over him.

The soft glow of sunlight streamed through the windows, casting a golden hue over the room.As the soothing aroma filled the air, he hummed a tune, feeling completely at ease in the tranquility of his place.

Little did he know, his peaceful return would soon be interrupted by the mysterious figure awaiting him, ready to unravel a new chapter in Shubman's story.

With a smile, Shubman kicked off his shoes and got ready to flop down onto the couch, relishing in the comfort of his own space. 

Shubman cautiously enters his apartment, still feeling the warmth of the day spent at the pet cafe lingering in his heart. But as he steps further into the living room, his eyes widen in surprise and perhaps a hint of concern.

There, on his couch, sits a mysterious figure, cloaked in shadow. Shubman's pulse quickens, unsure of who this unexpected visitor might be. He takes a moment to collect himself, his mind racing with questions.

With a steady breath, he approaches the figure, his senses on high alert. As he draws nearer, the figure slowly turns to face him, revealing features obscured by darkness.

"Who are you?" Shubman asks, his voice echoing in the quiet room.

The figure remains silent for a moment, studying Shubman with an intensity that sends a shiver down his spine. Then, with a cryptic smile, the figure speaks in a voice tinged with mystery.

"I've been waiting for you, Mr. Shubman Gill" the figure says, their words hanging in the air like a whisper.

Shubman's curiosity piqued, since the voice sounded familiar. He steps closer, eager to unravel the enigma before him. With each passing moment, the air crackles with anticipation, Shubman prepares to uncover the secrets hidden within his own home.

Relieved and surprised, Shubman flicks on the lights to find his best friend, Nishant, leaning casually on the couch. A grin spreads across Shubman's face as he exclaims, "Yo!" in response to Nishant's nonchalant greeting.

The tension melts away, replaced by a wave of comfort and familiarity at the sight of his friend. Shubman strides over, exchanging a hearty handshake or a friendly hug with Nishant, depending on their usual greeting style and later smacking his head for the drama he did earlier.

Shubman went into the kitchen to make some coffee for his unexpected guest who was tailing him to the kitchen counter.

 "Aren't you supposed to be in Italy?Didn't expect to see you here!" Shubman said, chuckling at the out of the blue surprise and handed over Nishant his cup.