11. FUMBLED FINGERS

Heartbeat like a drum solo, palms are slick with sweat
Friends are teasing, can't believe the way this all just met
Movie night, a simple plan, with someone new I met
Now butterflies erupt inside, a nervous, sweet duet
Is this just a friendly thing? Or something more untold?
A spark ignites, a silent question, waiting to unfold
Caught in a whirlwind, can't explain what this could be
But every glance, a stolen touch, sets my spirit free

~Every Glance

__________________________________

As the day of their movie meetup approached, Shubman and Ishan found themselves caught in a whirlwind of chaotic dilemmas, exacerbated by the teasing antics of their friends.

For Shubman, the chaos began with a flurry of messages from Daksh and Nishant, teasing him mercilessly about his upcoming "meetup" with Ishan. It wasn't usual for Daksh to tease him but it wasn't even better because Nishant did compensate for both of them but this time the great OG Daksh has decided to bless his phone with bombarding messages since he got to know about this supposed movie plan with Ishan. 

What's up with these two? It wasn't like he was interested in men or something so why were his friends teasing him about meeting Ishan? Was it because Shubman had finally made a new friend except for the two he has from his earliest memories? Is that why they are teasing him? All these thoughts were roaming inside Shubman's head.

As Shubman pondered the teasing from his friends, he couldn't help but wonder about the sudden shift in his social dynamics. He had always been content with the close-knit circle of friends he had known since childhood, Daksh and Nishant being his constants through thick and thin. But now, with the addition of Ishan into his life, everything felt different.

He questioned whether his friends were teasing him simply because he had made a new friend outside of their circle, or if there was something more to it. Perhaps they sensed something in his interactions with Ishan that he hadn't fully acknowledged himself. The idea of exploring a new friendship, especially one that seemed to hold the potential for something deeper, both excited and unnerved him.

Shubman's mind raced with questions and uncertainties, each thought leading him down a different path of introspection. Was he ready to embrace this newfound connection with Ishan, despite the unknown implications it might bring? And what did it say about his own identity and desires if his friends were teasing him about potentially developing feelings for another man?

Caught between the comfort of familiarity and the allure of the unknown, Shubman grappled with conflicting emotions as he navigated the complexities of friendship, attraction, and self-discovery. Amidst the teasing and uncertainty, one thing remained clear – Ishan had sparked something within him that he couldn't ignore, and perhaps it was time to confront those feelings head-on, no matter where they might lead.

Their playful banter was laced with insinuations and innuendos, causing Shubman's cheeks to flush with embarrassment. Despite their teasing, Shubman couldn't deny the flutter of excitement in his stomach at the thought of spending time with Ishan.

Meanwhile, Ishan found himself bombarded with teasing remarks from his friend Sara, who had caught wind of his movie plans with Shubman.

She couldn't resist teasing him about the newfound friendship that seemed to be blossoming into something more. With a mischievous glint in her eye, Sara playfully poked fun at Ishan's sudden eagerness to spend time with Shubman, pointing out the subtle hints of affection and excitement in his voice.

"Ooh, looks like someone's got a crush!" Sara teased, winking at Ishan as they chatted over their phone call. 

"First, it was all about the book exchange, and now you're practically jumping at the chance to watch a movie with Shubman. I see how it is!"