12. TANGLED HEARTS

Movie night magic, shared popcorn and dreams
Butterfingers sticky, a connection it seems
Stolen glances, whispers in the dark
A spark ignites, leaving its mark
Is this just a friendship, or something more grand?
A silent understanding, written in the sand
Hearts beat a rhythm, a secret they keep
Is this a friendship, or promises deep?

~Something more
__________________________________

Actually 'm going back to Italy this weekend."

"Really? What a coincidence! When are you leaving?"asked Shubman while widening his eyes.

"This Saturday."

"No way! Me too! What time is your flight?"

They exchange information, a jolt of electricity running through them as they realize they're on the same flight.

"Let's meet up for a coffee this Thursday and we can meet at the airport before we board!"

"Sounds perfect. See you then!"

After bidding farewell to Ishan outside the movie theater, Shubman made his way back home, his mind buzzing with the events of the evening. He couldn't shake the warmth he felt from their shared moments during the movie, each glance and touch leaving an indelible mark on his heart.

As he unlocked the door to his apartment, he was greeted by the savory aroma of Daksh's cooking wafting from the kitchen. Stepping inside, he found Daksh bustling about the stove, a culinary maestro in his element.

"Hey, chef!" Shubman called out, grinning as he dropped his keys on the countertop.

Daksh turned, a playful glint in his eyes. "Ah, you're back! Just in time for dinner. How was the movie?"

Shubman shrugged, trying to play it cool despite the fluttering in his chest. "It was good. Ishan seemed to enjoy it too."

Just then, Nishant emerged from the living room, controller in hand as he paused his game to greet Shubman. "Yo, welcome back! How was your date?"

Shubman rolled his eyes, though he couldn't suppress the smile tugging at his lips. "It wasn't a date, Nish. Just a movie with a friend."

Nishant waggled his eyebrows suggestively, teasingly. "Uh-huh, sure it wasn't. Well, Daksh here has whipped up something special for dinner to celebrate your newfound romance."
Daksh shot Nishant a warning look.

As the trio settled around the dining table, the remnants of Daksh's culinary masterpiece disappearing with every satisfied bite, Shubman found himself lost in a whirlwind of memories from his evening with Ishan. Each moment replayed in his mind like scenes from a cherished film, filling him with a warmth that he couldn't quite shake.

Caught in his reverie, Shubman absently stirred his food, a dreamy smile playing at the corners of his lips. His mind drifted back to the shared laughter, the stolen glances, and the gentle brush of their hands as they reached for the popcorn during the movie. It was a night he would cherish forever, a fleeting yet precious glimpse into the potential of something more.

Nishant nudged him playfully, breaking him out of his thoughts. "Earth to Shubman! You've been smiling like a lovesick fool ever since you got back. What's got you so giddy?"

Shubman's cheeks flushed slightly, though he couldn't suppress the grin that threatened to split his face in two. "Oh, it's nothing," he replied, his voice betraying his attempt at nonchalance. "Just had a good time at the movies, that's all."

Daksh arched an eyebrow, a knowing glint in his eyes. "Uh-huh, just a good time, huh? Is that why you've been staring off into space like you're in a trance?"