5. WIFEY

Cause it's a bittersweet symphony, that's life
Tryna make ends meet, you're a slave to money then you die
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been down
You know the one that takes you to the places where all the veins meet

                 -Bittersweet Symphony
__________________________________

Shubman hung up the call without saying anything and started to make his way to Plane. As he took steps he felt something under his shoes.

It was a brown leather diary .
A dairy which Shubman was sure was precious to someone it belonged to.
Shubmam was about to check to whom this diary belonged but suddenly he heard an announcement.

"Good afternoon passengers. This is the pre-boarding announcement for flight 89B to India. We are now inviting those travelling in business class, passengers with small children, and any passengers requiring special assistance, to begin boarding at this time. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready."

Shubman kept the diary in his bag and made his way to Plane .

Shubman was sitting comfortably on his window seat , ready to check what was written in that old diary .

The dairy was a beautiful journal full of picturesque locations.

'Hmm. The owner surely is passionate about cinematography.' Thought Shubman while skimming through the pages. Later he found a gamer ID
'furryshadoow_32'

He immediately recognised the Id and of course he would.
Even though it had been a long time since he logged in with his ID to play online and even longer since he talked to this person he could never forget this username -THIS ID.

It belonged to his gaming buddy.

he was confused at first. How on earth between 8 billion people he found his gaming buddy diary? On an airport out of nowhere? It seemed crazy to him.
" I think it's true world is really small" he thought to himself and smiled.

The gaming buddy or 'wifey' that's how he called him was the one of the people he could pour his heart out without being judged and would receive the best advice from. Since both of them were always stuck together and he loved flirting with him jokingly so their other teammates would call them a couple and that's how the nickname 'wifey' originated.
Shubman couldn't believe that his 'wifey' was in Italy and he was so close to see him in person. Him and this online friend of his had known each other for many years. They had been jokingly planning to meet up irl soon even though they don't know each other's locations.

He could tell but decided not to tell his 'wifey' about the dairy but to make him search for it a bit , so he can give a little surprise to him when they will meet each other for first time in real life.

He never ever heard his voice or saw his face because they never shared their pictures , that gamer boy was still special to him. That gamer boy was light in dark when shubman was at his worst. Actually they both were light to each other at their worst.

His mind was lost in the thoughts of what happened in the past decade and how it brought a drastic change in his life. With that he fell in a deep slumber.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Ishan had a huge extended family. And most of his cousins were in their mid twenties or early thirties so it wasn't a new thing that there were weddings and functions every now and then these days.

So as usual there was a wedding being held in Delhi from his mom's side of the family. Since his parents were in Italy all the time because of which he never went to his relatives house like any other kid would so he never had a chance to make a bond with most of his cousins.