14. ENEMIES TO LOVERS

Campfire cracklin', stars above
Ghost stories whispered, shared with love
Laughter echoed, shadows danced
Underneath the moonlit trance
Then you spoke, a nervous sigh
Words unspoken, beneath the sky
Confession hanging, hearts entwined
A camping trip, a love we'd find
Moonlight painted on your face
Something shifted, time and space
Silence fell, a whispered plea
"I'm like you too," you said to me
And in that moment, beneath the stars
Our laughter faded, near and far
A question lingered, soft and low
"Would you like to give our love a go?"
The lake whispered secrets in the breeze
As fireflies danced among the trees
A spark ignited, hearts ablaze
Underneath the starry gaze
Camping trip, a memory made
Friendship's flame, a love parade
Hand in hand, we'll walk this way
Forever grateful for that camping day

~Underneath the Starry Gaze

__________________________________

"Or are you two gonna be like those drama-like couples- didn't get along at the start but fell in love with each other so hard." Nishant spoke again.

Shubman nearly choked on his food, his eyes widening in disbelief at Nishant's suggestion. "Are you serious, Nish? Me and Rahul? As in me and that failed laboratory experiment? That's like oil and water, buddy. We'll sooner start a forest fire than fall in love."

Nishant shrugged, a smirk playing at the corners of his lips. "Hey, you never know. Stranger things have happened. Just imagine the headlines: 'Shubman Gill- the heir to Gill Group and Rahul Malhotra's whirlwind romance captures the hearts of millions.' And he can't be that bad for you to call him a failed laboratory experiment. I have always heard good things about him."

Shubman rolled his eyes, though he couldn't suppress a chuckle at Nishant's antics. "Yeah, right. More like 'Shubman Gill and Rahul's epic showdown rocks the nation.' Trust me, Nish, there's no love lost between me and that guy. And he is bad news."

Nishant laughed, raising his glass in a mock toast. "To epic showdowns and unlikely romances. Who knows what the future holds? Anyways, did you talk with Daksh today? I haven't been able to reach him since that wedding he ditched you for."

"Nahhh I couldn't reach him before my flight and now he must be at his office."

'I hope he's okay' both of the friends sighed and thought.

Night weared on and Shubman decided to unpack his bag.

He found the diary of his wifey.
'Damn I almost forgot about this' he thought. 'Maybe I should text my wifey and ask about the address where I should send this?'
He decided to message the long lost friend of his and catch on the things.
He looked in using his 'stormyace_77'
When he searched for the I'd of his friend who was also the owner of the said diary-'fiercyshadow_32', the I'd was nowhere to be found.

Shubman decided to go through the diary in hope of finding some other sort of contact of the latter but saw something which made his eyes widen. It was a photo of someone he knew.
'Was he his wifey?'
'Eww noo…'
'God what did I do wrong in my past life to deserve this'
'Rahul is my wifey?'
'Whyyyy'
'Couldn't it be Ishan?'
'Wait why I'm suddenly thinking of Ishan?'
With all these thoughts he decided that it was too much information to process within the day and he should just sleep.