13. FISTFUL JEALOUSY

Crowded airport, faces in a blur
Suddenly you're there, a familiar stir
Years have flown by, memories remain
A flicker of a spark, ignites the flame
Words unspoken, a question in your eyes
Is this just friendship, or a sweet disguise?
The air hangs heavy, with unspoken desire
A longing for connection, setting hearts on fire
Unraveling the threads, of a bond we share
Uncertain where it leads, but we don't care

~Unraveled Threads

__________________________________
The words in single inverted commas are thoughts in mind and all the thoughts in this chapter belong to Shubman.
__________________________________

"His first love aka me." Someone replied to Shubman.

"Heyyy love!"
"How was your trip to India"
"Hope you didn't miss me much!"
The same person said to Ishan and pulled him for a hug.

As Shubman watched Ishan embrace his ex, a surge of conflicting emotions washed over him. On one hand, he felt a pang of jealousy at the sight of someone else holding Ishan in their arms. But on the other hand, he couldn't help but feel a sense of disdain towards Ishan's ex, knowing the pain he had caused his friend.

'The moment I saw him I knew I never hated someone more than him. He hurt Ishan.And what's wrong with his nose? And his eyes? Maybe he could spend some money on facial surgery and look a little better… ohh and it's a must if it's medically possible that he should do something about his terrible voice!! Ishan can do much better.' Shubman thought, his mind a whirlwind of criticism and disdain.

'Like dude wtf? Before being boyfriends you two were best friends forever five fucking years.'

'And the chain of my thoughts was broken by an announcement at the airport. Anyways when he turned towards Ishan what he saw made him shocked. Ishan was hugging his ex???? Why would he hug that person? He hurt him so badly and Ishan was forgiving him just like that??'

'And I thought Ishan would push him and slap him right on that annoying face. I mean Ishan did tell me about that ex of his. It was total trash behavior of him. How could he just break up with Ishan over a phone call. Moreover he just said " I am so sick and tired of you, you are annoying and I don't want you to be around me anymore. GOODBYE." It was his last words to him.'

'Wow!! Ishan literally had really low self esteem and standards. He literally looks like a failed laboratory experiment while Ishan is just simply so beautiful.'

As that person pulled Ishan into a tight hug, Shubman's mind raced with a flurry of judgmental thoughts. He found himself nitpicking every detail of the man before him again, from his physical appearance to his voice to his dressing sense, unable to suppress the surge of animosity that bubbled within him.

As Ishan and that failed laboratory experiment exchanged pleasantries, Shubman couldn't shake the feeling of discomfort that settled in the pit of his stomach. He wanted nothing more than to intervene, to pull Ishan away from the man who had caused him so much pain. But he knew it wasn't his place, and he struggled to contain the simmering rage that threatened to boil over.

"Leave Ishan"Shubman spoke with an emotionless face.

"What?"That failed experiment asked, taken aback by Shubman's sudden outburst.

"Stop hugging him this very moment or I'll make sure no one in your family can recognise your face. Heck I'll make sure no one can find your body so no need of identification" Shubman threatened, anger now visible on his face and his words were dripping with venom.

"Who are you and what right do you have to stop me from hugging Ishan?"The mystery man retorted, his tone defiant and hugged Ishan tighter.

'I don't know what happened but my muscles moved on my own and I punched him. I punched him so hard and the next thing in front of my eyes was that man- he fell on the ground and his nose started bleeding.'