9. UNEXPECTED MELODIES

Sunflower
My eyes
Want you more than a melody
Let me inside
Wish I could get to know you
Sunflowers
Sometimes
Keep it sweet in your memory
I was just tongue-tied

~Sunflower/Harry Styles
__________________________________

"Sounds like I've found myself a new friend."

"Hmm *raises an eyebrow* Yeah, a friend... ...and maybe something more. Do I detect a hint of romance in the air?"

"What are you talking about?*laughs nervously*Shubman and I are.......friends yeah just friends!"

Sara raised her eyebrow at the pause."Well, I'm happy for you, buddy. Just take it slow and see where it goes."

As the call drew to a close, Ishan felt a sense of gratitude wash over him, thankful for Sara's unwavering presence and looking forward to the possibilities that lay ahead in his burgeoning relationship with Shubman.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The sun rose and morning began with a door swinging shut with a thud, startling a sleeping Shubman who perched precariously on the back of the bed. The boy groaned, throwing his arms in the air sending a cascade of throw pillows tumbling to the floor. One of the pillows actually hit the culprit behind the early morning chaos.

"Aoww" A voice came.

Shubman opens his eyes saw a Young man rubbing his arm..... perhaps the pillow hit him hard?

A booming voice came from the kitchen. "Dude, what did you do?"

Shubman peered around the corner to see Nishant, his best friend, emerging from the kitchen with a plate piled high with leftover pizza. Flour dusted his cheeks, a telltale sign of a raid on Shubman's emergency baking supplies.

Shubman looked for the source of the groan. He saw a young man and sleepy Shubman stared at him for a second or two and realised it was his other best friend standing in front of him glaring at him.

"Daksh! What are you doing here? I thought you were going to back to the US after visiting grandparents in England?" Shubman exclaimed, rushing over for a hug and pushing Nishant that made the pizza box slip from his hands.

Daksh chuckled, patting Shubman's back awkwardly. Whereas Nishant started whining at the loss of his precious pizza.

Daksh Singh, a dynamic and driven individual, embodied a unique blend of ambition, responsibility, and compassion. Daksh's life-intertwined with the intricacies of managing the family business empire and taking care of his younger brother, wasn't an easy road. Born and raised in India, the young lad went to the bustling cityscape of the United States when he was sixteen. Daksh navigated the worlds of academia and corporate leadership with equal finesse.

Despite his youth, Daksh shouldered the weight of his family's legacy with maturity and grace. Seeing his mother's health, and the only treatment being available in the states made him leave the country, his family and friends and he wanted to learn the ins and outs of managing the company, balancing his studies in Business Management with real-world experience gained from the boardroom. He wanted to learn everything about his company from the very bottom. And after two years of working at his father's company's American branch, he was now an assistant manager.

Daksh's caring nature extended beyond the confines of the corporate world, as he served as a steadfast and supportive friend to those closest to him. Like a father figure to his both best friends, he offered encouragement, and unwavering loyalty. Because of his nature he earned the admiration and respect of all who know him.