6. THE HEIR

Lately our conversations end like it's the last goodbye
Yeah, one of us gets too drunk and calls about a hundred times
So who you been calling, baby, nobody could take my place
When you're looking at those strangers, hope to God you see my face

~Youngblood
_

_________________________________

Mr.Gill and Mr.Anand were shocked. They never heard Shubman talking like this before.

This was serious now.

The room was dead silent until Mr.Anand broke the ice.

"Sir, we have a meeting now. We have to be there in a minute."

Mr.Gill nodded and stormed outside the room .

Now , It was Shubman and his thoughts left alone in the room.

He was thinking how selfish his father was. He knew his father would do whatever he wanted so there was no point of rebelling. After that conversation with his father Shubman lost his appetite and just went home.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The whole week for Ishan faded in preparing for his favourite cousin's reception. He was so delighted that his favourite couple had finally tied the knot happily.

[At the party]

When Ishan entered the sprawling palace-like venue, adorned with opulent decor he was starstruck with those rich fabrics, dazzling chandeliers, and floral arrangements fit which were just for royalty.

Guests arrive in their finest attire, a blend of traditional Indian finery and contemporary designer wear could be seen. Women in shimmering sarees and lehengas, men in sherwanis and kurtas, all showcasing their sartorial best. And the fact that even though he didn't know most of the guests personally he could recognise all of them as very famous and prominent figures.

As the party started, some vibrant energy filled the air, with a mix of Bollywood music and traditional folk melodies keeping the guests entertained. Laughter and chatter mingle with the clinking of glasses as guests enjoy an elaborate buffet or a sit-down dinner prepared by renowned chefs.

Live cultural performances like dance troupes and musicians add to the festive atmosphere, showcasing the rich tapestry of Indian traditions.

The bride, resplendent in a heavily embellished lehenga and adorned with exquisite jewelry, took center stage with her groom. They exchanged smiles and greetings with guests, receiving blessings and well wishes.

He was right beside the main stage enjoying his drink, smiling at his dimples and Bhai being the centre of attention. He knew both of them hated attention and were getting the most of that today but they were happy and that's all what mattered.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
[Saturday Morning,Shubman's place]

The sudden ringing of the bell at his door woke Shubman from his dreams. Everyone working for him knew that he was a beast if woken up without his choice. No one could wake him up since that's the only thing he hated except lying. When he opened the door to see who had decided to wake the Satan himself he saw his father's assistant Mr. Anand.

He could not get angry at him since his father's right man personally coming to his place on a weekend morning meant something important.

He was told that if he didn't want his father to appoint him as a company official at the very moment, he should introduce himself as the next hire publicly at least at the business parties.

Before Shubman could even decide how to protest he was told that today he was supposed to attend a business partner's daughter's reception party.

Soon a chocolate brown satin suit which could be considered a tailored perfection arrived. He was told that a black Aston Martin would arrive to drop him to the venue.