Party Ponies!

Wild party ponies

Hooves pounding, hearts beating fast.

Joyful mayhem reigns

***

"One on one," Rhea challenged Luke. "What are you afraid of?"

Luke curled his lip. The soldiers who were about to kill them hesitated, waiting for his order. Before he could say anything, Agrius, the bear-man, burst onto the deck leading a flying horse. It was the first pure-black pegasus Rhea had ever seen, with wings like a giant raven.

"Blackjack..." Rhea said. "He's beautiful !"

The pegasus bucked and whinnied. Rhea could understand his thought, he was calling Agrius and Luke some names so bad Chiron would've washed his muzzle out with saddle soap.

"Oh look ! We found the horse version of me ! Hehehe." Rhea laughed.

"The black fur ?" Aidoneus asked.

But Poseidonas said. "It's the filthy mouth."

Aidoneus sighed.

"Sir!" Agrius called, dodging a pegasus hoof. "Your steed is ready!"

Luke kept his eyes on Rhea. "You won't bait me into fighting Rhea."

Rhea pouted. "Aww, I see baby Luke is scared that his warriors will see him get whipped! Buhuhu." She continued with a baby voice. "Does baby Luke need diapers and a milk bottle? Oooh, how cute!"

Luke glanced at his men, she trapped him. If he backed down now, he would look weak. If he fought her, he'd lose valuable time to chase after the fleece.

For Rhea's part, the best she could do now was distract him.

"I'll kill you quickly," he decided and raised his weapon.

Its blade glinted with an evil grey-and-gold light where the human steel had been melded with celestial bronze.

Rhea could almost feel the blade fighting against itself, like two opposing magnets bound together.

Luke whistled to one of his men, who threw him a round leather-and-bronze shield. He grinned at Rhea wickedly.

"Luke," Annabeth said, "At least give her a shield."

"Sorry, Annabeth," he said. "You bring your own equipment to this party."

Rhea lost interest in Luke and looked down at the floor, apparently, that offended someone other than Luke.

"DON'T LOOK DOWN ON HIM YOU BASTARD YOU THINK THAT HE'S WEAK DON'T YOU ?!! LOOK AT HIM IN THE EYES IF YOU DARE !!" A demigod screamed at her.

Rhea gave a side look to the demigod that dared to scream at her, then pointed at him with her finger.

The demigod then fell on the floor.

"Unless you want to end up like that fool, you better give up Luke," Rhea said not even looking at him.

Annabeth and Grover gulped while Luke and the other demigods froze, one of them approached their fallen comrade only to realize after inspecting him that ... he's dead.

"You said a one on one Rhea, looks like you don't keep your own word" Luke tried to hide his fear, but it was difficult when the girl in front of him could only kill just by looking at you.