Epilogue

Vox had died two month’s back and with the approaching purge coming up soon lesser demons were scampering to find a safe place to wait out the angel’s murder spree. Usually the demons working under overlords, princes and sins were safe so long as they played their part and didn’t anger the powerful beings that ruled them but now with two of the older overlords gone some were anxious on what would happen to them. The ones that were now working under Angel Dust had grown to trust that he wasn’t as fickle as the moth, he wouldn’t punish them for simple mistakes and throw them out to fend for themselves at the slightest inconvenience. But those that used to work for Vox, now working for Cherri Bomb, were nearly pissing themselves at what would happen.

“Why are they still terrified of me, it’s not like I’m gonna send them out there to broadcast the massacre. Even if it makes for good television.” The one eyed woman complained as she sprawled over one of Angel Dust’s lounge chairs.

He had moved out of the hotel, sincerely for once, telling Charlie that he wasn’t going to be cut out for rehabilitation. The look in her face had been like that of a kicked puppy, he liked her, truly, and telling her he couldn’t go through with the whole going to heaven plan was hard. Not because he actually wanted to get better but because he didn’t want to disappoint her, she had so much hope and while honestly it was sickening, it was also… kinda nice. People in hell weren’t generally so bright unless they were killing something. She was a bright spot in the gloom and doom and fiery mess that was their eternal damnation and he hates that he had to make her even remotely less happy… He hopes he never has to admit that outloud or he might have to kill himself.

“Just give them time, you’ll show them how good of a boss you are in no time.”

“Oh please, you basically were born to do your job! Plus you deer man barely has to lift a finger to manage his shit.”

“I’m not gonna lie, I am KILLING it at this job so far. And you will too. Just make sure not to lose too many people in the coming cleanse. I’m thinking of sending most of mine to Charl’s, make sure they don’t stumble outside or something and die, ya know?”

And maybe, just maybe, he'll convince a few of his more fragile workers to change careers. Or at the very least consider a healthier lifestyle. His gift for Charlie this holiday he supposes. God, Al’s gonna make fun of him for it!

“Hmm, not a bad idea. I’ma steal that, the princess might even thank us for sending her some customers.”

He was about to say more to Cherri when his phone went off with a notification. Looking at the name he sighed at the sight of Charlie’s name. The hellborn princess has been so busy trying to get the angel’s to agree to her redemption plan and while the big man downstairs was trying to persuade her against even talking to his murderous siblings, the princess would not quit.

‘Got a meeting with Lute now.’
‘I’m so nervous but wish me luck! This might just be what we need’

He sent her a quick text back.

‘Don’t let them walk all over you’
‘Angels are dicks’
‘Except one but she wont be there’

“Welp, looks like Charls is gonna take the first big step to either make her little fantasy true OR give us a reason to go an murder all the angels we see.”

“Ohoho! I do love those odds, my money's on them trying to kill us.” Cherri said gleefully, tossing a grenade up and down like a ball.

"Kinda rude to vote against the girl who offered you a free room. But same. Those angels would probably rather kill us all than let one of us hellspawn crawl our way through their pearly gates." Angel said with disdain.

For the many years he's been rotting in hell he's never had a good image of angels. They're prideful and bloodthirsty like demons but they have a holier than thou attitude just because they allegedly have a greater purpose. It's so annoyingly infuriating.

There's only one good angel in his eyes and Molly probably has better, more holy things to do than go killing demons once a year. She's probably the type to shepherd humans to their better, less blood and drug filled afterlife.

"Ugh that reminds me of this one time-"

Angel tuned out the random ranting Cherri was spewing, if it was important she'd tell him. No, instead he focused on sending a mass email to the demons under contract with him. Al was probably going to say some dumb shit about how he's going soft, his secretary is gonna talk shit about the workload or whatever but… even if he was in hell, he wasn't heartless.

‘To all demons, hellborn or sinner, who is under the employment of Angel Dust. If any of you feel as if the previous overlord forced you in anyway to live this life and work, know that I will not be angry if you decide that this life isn't something you want. As you know, the Hazbin Hotel is working on a way to give sinners a new life, a better one. We can't guarantee heaven, but it's a start. If any of you wish for a second chance at the afterlife, I encourage you to seek them out.’

He signed it under his name, and sent it. He… doesn't know if anyone will even want a chance at a different, possibly more boring but better life, but… if he got a chance at his own little slice of heaven so can they.

Without Charlie coaxing him to try a chance at redemption he wouldn't have found Al. He wouldn't have been able to get out of Valentino's control and Vox would still be terrorizing him in conjunction with his sick soulmate.

He may have failed her, but he owes her. The least he can do is send some willing people her way.

And if the angels come looking for trouble, he and Al would be more than happy to destroy them.