We meet again?

Atsushi was walking back from another exhausting mission. Exhausting because he had to do it all by himself, without Kyoka's or Dazai's help. They both stayed in the office. Kyoka with a real exuse and Dazai with a fake exuse. Atsushi walked along Yokahama's river on the way home, no matter the weather, he always found the view here pretty, and he swore to protect it forever.

Still walking alongside the river, Atsushi and his tiger ability smelled something lurking. The smell felt familiar but unusual, someone or something dangerous was around. He looked infront of him, the place was pretty empty since it was time for dinner for the people of Yokohama. Well the odd presence certainly wasn't the dinners. He looked behind him and his pupils immediately shrinked in fear. Was that...?

''Certainly took you some time to notice me, weretiger'' Fyodor commented with a smirk. He was the dangerous presence of course. Atsushi immediately toughened up and stood in a fighting stance, staring straight through Fyodor. As much as he looked ready to fight, he was nervous. This guy was more than dangerous, someone who commited unforgivable crimes. He was the major threat to the world.

''Fyodor Dostoveyesky. Why are you here?'' Atsushi asked angrily. He was tired and now he showed up? He had to contact the agency as soon as possible. 

''Relax, relax. I'm not here to harm you. I never had.'' Fyodor said quickly, trying to avoid that situation. Atsushi thought about his words for a moment. That's right, he never met Fyodor before. But why is that? Had fate never brought them together? Or did Dazai take that job? He indeed found it unusual but he continued.

''Then why are you standing before me so suddenly?'' Atsushi said sternly, not dropping his guard for even a second.

''I'd like to have a quick chat.'' Fyodor sees that Atsushi doesn't seem to believe him. ''Can I prove that I do not wish to attack you?''

''... Fine. What is it you want?'' Atsushi said, slowly lowering his guard. Even though his face was cold, his mind was racing with thoughts. What would Dazai think if he knew this was happening? Or why did Fyodor personally meet him for? All he could do was let Fyodor talk.

''Well it's a late evening so I'll make this quick. So Nakajima, how well do you know yourself?'' Fyodor looked at Atsushi, waiting patiently for an  answer. Atsushi was caught off guard with the question Fyodor asked, he certainly did not expect that one bit. And he definetely sounds serious. Atsushi wanted to answer honestly but he had no clue of Fyodor's intention so he decided to play as safe as he could.

''I know myself well enough. My identity stands with the Agency.'' Atsushi said firmly, hoping that he didn't trigger anything.

''Aha, I don't mean that. I mean more like...who are your parents and how you ended up in the orphanage.'' Fyodor says and smiles a fake gentle smile.

''W-what? How do you know...'' Atsushi mumbled. This confused him so much. How does Fyodor know all of this? This is the first time meeting the guy. His guard weakened completely so he just stood still and watched Fyodor. He suddenly felt so curious and understood what Fyodor meant.
''Do you know...what happened...?'' Atsushi asked, wanting the truth desperately now.

Fyodor smirked and nodded, folding his arms ''I do know. I know your truth. However, how can I explain everything to you on a late evening? You're on your way too. If you agree to meet tommorrow, I can explain everything, with no cost.''

''Nothing in return...?'' Atsushi said to himself but he shook his head, snapping back into reality. He was talking to THE Fyodor Dostoyevsky, there had to be an ultimate plan behind all of this. 
''How do I know you're not lying and leading me into a trap?'' Atsushi  started to talk firmly once more. 

Fyodor slowly approches Atsushi and hands him a card. ''I understand why you doubt me, so it really is your choice, however the only choice you get in your life.'' Atsushi read what the card said:

Let's continue our talk at ''The gates to the cruel world''. I'll be waiting there the whole day so don't try to keep me waiting.
                                                                         - Dosto

Atsushi immediately knew what ''The gate to the cruel world'' was. It was always what the Headmaster reffered to the orphange's gate as. Since it supposely lead to the rest of the 'cruel' world. He took a moment to flashback and by the time he looked up, Fyodor was nowhere to be seen. He stuffed the card into his pocket while taking a thoughtful walk back home.

Atsushi arrived home and Kyoka greeted him with dinner. She noticed that the first few minutes Atsushi was home, he seemed a bit off but returned back to normal after eating. She thought it just must be fatigue.