Over this cup of tea

Atsushi continued to follow Fyodor in silence, he wanted to leave, he knew that Kyoka must've woken up by now and noticed his dissapearance. Yet, he couldn't leave. Not if this man had the truth of his life. Atsushi would rather have small talk then this akward silence so he spoke up.

''Where are we going? Can you atleast tell me that?'' Atsushi asked with a straight voice. He knew that Fyodor's ability was deadly so he was trying to be as unfriendly as he could without starting a fight. If he actually ended up being friends with Fyodor, then he would have just betrayed the Agency.

''Somewhere private. I can't have your friends shortening our time together. Here let's enter this cafe.'' Fyodor climbed up the step and opened the door for Atsushi. Atsushi looked at Fyodor once more before entering, being as cautious as possible. Atsushi found a table at the back of the cafe and sat on one of the chairs. Fyodor shortly took a seat opposite him afterwards. He sat down happily and smiled at Atsushi before calling the person to take their orders. Atsushi watched him do all of this. Fyodor was acting so unusual than to what he would expect. Atsushi loved kindness but remembers how that same thing can be used to manipulate someone too. He just didn't want to experience something like that so in his mind he tried to act like Dazai, trying to be more clever than Fydor but it was certainly hard.

''And what would you like to order?'' Fyodor asked, waiting for a response.

''Oh uhm,'' He wanted to refuse the offer but he didn't know how to reject it, ''I'll have some tea..''

The waiter nodded and went to the kitchen. All that was left was Fyodor and Atsushi in silence. Fyodor was looking out the big window while Atsushi was nervously fiddling with his hands, telling himself he made so many bad decisions when the day just started. Fyodor turned back and noticed Atsushi's expression, so he decided to start.

''Well, for you to understand anything else....shall I just say....I hope you enjoy this father and son bonding time'' Fyodor said quietly. Atsushi raised his head, looking at Fyodor. He was clearly in shock.

''W-what..?''

Kyoka calls Ranpo through the agency phone, since it should be open now. And luckily he did answer. Kyoka took a deep breath but Dazai took the phone out her hand. Although, Kyoka did found it a bit rude, she understood he must've felt angered so she let him do.

''Linking to Atsushi's past, where do you think ''The gate to the cruel world is?'' Dazai said as he got straight to the point.

You can hear Ranpo munching on the other side of the phone, ''Huhh? Why should I know?..'' He understood the seriousness of Dazai's voice and knew something was up so he answered anyways, ''The orphanage's gate. Do you need me to explain it to you?''

''No need. Tell Kunikida to go there too. Atsushi is missing and even worse he ..chose.. to go with Fyodor Dostoyvesky. Bye Ranpo..'' Dazai hung up and looked towards Kyoka, handing the phone back into her hands and nodded. Kyoka immediately knew to get to the orphanage. She ran out of the apartment and Dazai followed. Kyoka knew all of the shortcuts of Yokohama so she arrived there with Dazai as quickly as they could.

The place had an unwelcoming atmosphere and the orphanage looked like it could hardly be classed as one. They both wondered whenever it's always been a filthy, black hole like this. However, it seemed that the building was lonely, neither Atsushi or Fyodor's presence was here. However it probaly had been. Dazai just needed to deduce where they went next.

(lmao sorry this one is shorter I just want to save everything for he next chapter)