Your birth certificate

(For my first story ever, thanks for the support!)

Sinner. That was what Fyodor had just called Atsushi. Sinner since long ago. Atsushi took a moment to process what Fyodor had just told him. Even if Fyodor looked like he was about to kill him, he still sat down and thought to himself.

He commited a murder that he didn't even knew. That nobody knew. And the first time the tiger awoke, it killed his mother? Was he really that terrible from the moment he was born? Even if he barely knew the details, he felt really guilty. He knew his mother had to be innocent, and for him to kill her out of control, filled him with despair. He had to let go off the tea cup's handle as his hands started to shake too much. He was probably sweating in his seat that would attract weird attention to himself. His heart was beating so fast that he had to open his mouth to take more breaths. Fyodor had calmed down from his scary look and was back to sipping tea. Then it struck Atsushi. He was with Fyodor Dostoyvesky and unless he had proof, he wouldn't believe it. He calmed himself down too and looked seriously at Fyodor.

''That's impossible. I wouldn't do such a thing. There's no proof I was born with you! You're a fraud.'' Atsushi yelled at him but not too loud to get the attention from other people in the cafe. Fyodor looked at him. Fyodor places the teacup back on the plate and sighed. Atsushi thought he would give him the silent treatment or try using some words to persuade him but Fyodor suddenly started searching for something in his pocket. What he pulls out next, would change Atsushi's life permantely. However, if he had come all this way, surely he was ready. If he so desperatly wanted the truth, he should be happy about what Fyodor was sliding to him on the table.

Atsushi made a confused sound as he cautiously picked up the paper that was under his nose. He carefully picked it up by the edge, since the paper looked old and fragile. After holding it, he slowly flipped it over. He saw some scruffy handwriting but it seemed a bit legible. Before reading it, he saw some blood splattered at the bottom left corner. His tiger senses could smell it, and it was real blood, and the faint smell smelt really simular to his own.
''Is that...'' Atsushi spoke softly now, he didn't want to say the rest but Fyodor understood and nodded.
His mother's blood was definetly splattered onto this paper in a cruel way. He could confirm that now. As for the handwriting, it looked really scratchy as if the pen hasn't been working. He examined the layout and it looked like notes for something. Now he finally started to read it.

...

Fyodor watched him as he did, knowing exactly what he was reading as he read this sacred paper many, many times. He watched closely at Atsushi's expression, seeing his eyes go wide in realisation. He had finish his tea now and his throat felt warm enough to speak for hours and hours, providing the explanation that Atsushi will want. 

When Atsushi finished reading, he felt new emotions. Not in the best way though. The paper seemed to be written by his mother and his father, who was supposely Fyodor. They were making notes about their dream child, which happened to be him. It talked about how most of his appearance would come from his mother, how he would be as strong as a tiger and so healthy he could heal fast. Now he was starting to believe Fyodor. This paper was definetly older than him. But that was the least concerning thing for him. The fact that this wasn't just a regular paper but a page from the book. 

He was never born, but he has the genetics from Fyodor and his dead mother. He was a dream creation, so was he even human or a piece of art? A tear rolled down his cheek from that fact. He looked at Fyodor with his blurry vision.

''Father..?''

(For this au, the headmaster is alive - oh no)

Kyoka and Dazai slowly walk through the front garden of the orphanage, the orphange kids seemed to be planting something once upon a time, but everything had died and bugs were slowly eating the remaining. Kyoka even thought that a cementary would have better conditions to this place , better then the place where children were supposed to thrive and grow. Dazai didn't find anything pleasent here at all and he was gaining more questions with each step he took. He would've loved to ask Atsushi about each question but now wasn't the time.

Soon enough, they have reached the main doors. They were grand and tall, they overlooked them both.

''Should we knock..?'' Kyoka looks up at Dazai.

''Don't think we have time for that...if this place isn't abandoned already, we'll pay for a much better door..'' Dazai mumbles, looking at the doornob.
Kyoka nods and she crashes the door down. The door loudly falls into a large hall with stained windows which bring down purple and blue sunlight to the middle of the room. It gives a magical but eerie atmosphere as dusts specs dance in the lights. Over by the largest window, a tall, straight man watched them. He had a long white coat and he seemed to have quite some authority.

''May I ask why you have barged in here?'' The odd man questions, turns around more to look directly at them. Kyoka was about to speak however Dazai has already chosen that role.

''We are from the Armed Detective agency. We request to look at your CCTV footage. Do you require our ID ?''He asks firmly.

''I'm afraid they're aren't working, but I do believe I know why you have shown yourself here today'' He paused and looked at them more intensly before he continued once more, ''Atsushi Nakajima..?''

Dazai paused for a while before slowly nodding.