The truth that belongs to me

Atsushi couldn't sleep all night. Meeting Fyodor was surely...something. He read the piece of card over and over again. He really wanted to know the truth afterall. Why was he born and why did his parents abandon him? Not even Ranpo can deduce things for Atsushi. One part of his mind thinks that he will do exactly what Fyodor wants if he goes but what if there was really nothing to worry about? After all, Fyodor never made enemies with Atsushi on any personal matter, what if Fyodor cares? Oh who is he kidding? Fyodor never met him before so this was probably something he planned from the start.

Atsushi mentally fought arguments with himself whenever he should give it a shot or not. He moved on with his past, but not knowing it either when there was a possible answer made him feel like there was an empty piece still there. And most importantly, what would his mentor think of his subordinate going to meet like his number one enemy? Well, Atsushi would just have to make sure Dazai didn't find out then. Atsushi looked at the time.

04:04am 

If he left now, nobody could catch him. He soon made a little bet for himself. No way Fyodor was waiting for him already. He'll just go check now and if he's not there he'll just go to work and pretend nothing happened. Yeah, that should satisfy him enough. He read the card once more and placed it in his drawers, now getting ready to leave without waking Kyoka up.

Once he left his apartment, he sighed before heading to his personal hell. Hopefully Fyodor wasn't inside...or would he even be there? Atsushi quietly walked down the streets of Yokahama, thinking of every possible thing Fyodor may say. Distracted, he eventually found himself a street away. He cleared his mind as best he could before carefully turning up the path. The orphange was getting closer and it didn't look so well. But he didn't came here for that, he came for answers.

A chuckle arises from the mist.

''I'm glad you only kept me waiting for 4 hours.'' Fyodor smiled, glad that Atsushi has accepted his invitation.

''So you're actually here. I hope there is no tricks. I won't hold back on you Dostoyevsky.'' Atsushi said as clear as he could, standing grounds with Fyodor.

''Well let's get going then. I'm sure this place is quite.. unpleasant. By the way, does the agency know you're here?'' Fyodor starts to walk the path, slowly away from the orphanage, Atsushi follows from a distance.

''First off, this won't take long right? And secondly, if I spoke this to anyone especially Dazai-san, there's no way I can be here right now.'' Atsushi answered, waiting for Fyodor's turn to answer.

''Ah Dazai...yes you two are close workers. I suppose Dazai has complete trust in you, no?'' Fyodor asked, knowing that he is making Atsushi feel some regret for meeting him. ''Well that man shouldn't stop you. We are here on your personal past. He should not be involved.''

''Then why are you involved?'' Atsushi backfires the question. Fyodor and Atsushi head towards the city now. 

''You'll understand shortly. Actually I shall break one of the biggest truths first.''

Atsushi followed Fyodor with only that to think about.

Kyoka wakes up soon. 
''Good morning Atsu- huh?''
Kyoka notices that Atsushi isn't at home. This fact instantly worries her. She shouts his name serveral times, hoping for a response somehow. She even instructs Demon Snow to look outside but no trace at all. The agency shouldn't be open yet and no shopping had to be done, as Kyoka did it yesterday. One hope was left that he was with Dazai. She picks up her phone and dials Dazai, hoping he would answer, and he did.

''Yawwwwn..! Kyoka-chan? I was sleeping sooo nicely? What's up?'' Dazai said in his silly, sleepy voice but Kyoka has no time for games.

''Sorry but...have you seen Atsushi-san?'' Kyoka asks seriously.

''No....? Is he not there?'' Dazai asked, now becoming confused.

''I woke up and there's no trace of him anywhere, me and Demon Snow checked everywhere and there's no reason why he should leave. In the past he would leave a note like 'I went for a walk' or 'we ran out of milk' so this time something is definetely up.''

''Oh... Well I'll get dressed and head right over.'' Dazai hangs up the phone. 30 minutes later he enters the apartment. Searching around himself with just his eyes. 

''Ah Dazai-san, I'm glad you arrived..! I'm not sure what happened...'' Kyoka becomes nervous once again. Dazai pats her head with a smile and enters Atsushi's room, looking for any hints. He looks around where he sleeps, nothing. He went in the drawers and....oh he found something!

''What's this..?'' Dazai picks up some card and reads it.

Let's continue our talk at ''The gates to the cruel world''. I'll be waiting there the whole day so don't try to keep me waiting.

- Dosto

Kyoka does a confused 'hm?' and she looks at the card too. Dazai did not expect to feel fear on a early morning like this.

''Whose Dosto..?'' Kyoka asks, noticing an unusual scared Dazai.

''Fyodor Dostoyvesky. That cruel man. I wish Atsushi never had to get tied up in his mess. NOW THERE'S SOME SECRET MEETING AT WHO KNOWS WHERE?! .... Just call Ranpo.'' Dazai definetely seems frustrated about Atsushi sneaking out to talk with that rat while worrying the whole agency. He just...expected better.-