New eyes, new views

Kyoka and Atsushi are now walking back to the agency, they didn't say anything to eachother, they just listened to the noises of the car's engines and whining children. Meanwhile, Kunikida and Dazai stayed at the scene with the police, reporting to them what happened and taking responisbility for not trying to arrest Fyodor or anything. Thankfully they weren'y given too much trouble since anyone can emphasize how hard it can be to do so. Before Atsushi and Kyoka left the crime scene, Dazai and Atsushi caught eye contact once more. Atsushi could feel many emotions from Dazai's glare, specifically betrayal. It was stern, yet dissapointed, yet there was faith in there once. Atsushi could only look away with guilt before walking back to the agency with Kyoka.

Atsushi arrived at the office, seeing many worried faces, Ranpo sitting down with his chin in his hands, nervously nibbling at a Pocky, Yosano was scratching the skin around her nails, and the president waiting formally at the back of the room. Kenji and the Tanizaki siblings were not here yet appartently. The ones who were there noticed Atsushi's and Kyoka's arrival and their faces look surprised even though they did expect him to come back. Fukuzawa stayed where he was, carefully watching the two to see if anything has changed, Yosano sat up straight and smiled towards them and Ranpo ate his Pocky in a bite, lifting his chin off his hands and sitting back.
Atsushi was glad to see their relieved faces after worrying them enough. As a friend and doctor, Yosano speaks.

''Atsushi! Kyoka. Are you both okay? Is there any injuries I should tend to first?'' Atsushi smiled towards the care and he and Kyoka both properly entered the room. Atsushi knew they would ask him questions so he sat himself down next to Yosano then looked up at her to answer her question.
''I'm fine, no injuries..'' he answered with a soft smile to show he was genuine. Yosano took a deep breath and now spoke more as a worried friend.
''Well that's great, I'm glad you're both not hurt.'' Kyoka and Atsushi nods. Fukuzawa speaks up, now asking about his other employees as a good boss should.

''Where's Dazai and Kunikida? Are they in trouble?'' Fukuawa takes some steps forward towards Atsushi and Kyoka. He looks down at them both for answers. Atsushi and Kyoka's faces turn nervous, thinking about that gruesome scene which causes Fukuzawa to raise an eyebrow. Yosano turns extremely worried again. 

''Guys..? Are Dazai and Kunikida okay..?'' Yosano asks. Kyoka nods her head and starts to speak up to clear the misconception.

''Yes, they're both fine...they're just with the police...''

Fukuzawa's eyes widen.''Why are they with the police? What happened?'' Atsushi decides it would be the best for him to give an explanation as he was the main cause of the problem. He takes a deep breath and speaks about what happened from yesterday when he bumped into Fyodor until leaving the scene. Ranpo listens in from the table, eating quietly and focusing on all the given details. Yosano carefully nods to each main detail and Fukuzawa absorbs in all the information that has happened this morning. At the end of the account, Fukuzawa comments on it all.
''I see, as long as everyone else is okay. Rest assured, you just wanted to know about your past, it's not like it was unforgivable.''

Atsushi nods with understanding. He and everyone else thinks deeply about what just happened. Until someone speaks up suddenly to break the depressing silence.

''Atsushi, catch.'' Ranpo throws a pack of Pocky to Atsushi. Atsushi manages to catch the bad throw. He looks at Ranpo, confused, just holding the pack of Pocky. Ranpo answers his confused face,''Well then? Eat it. You only drank some tea this morning based off your account. And for me, having sugar helps whenever I feel nervous.''

Atsushi looks at the Pocky in his hand then smiles at Ranpo with gratefullness. 
''Thank you, Ranpo.''
Fukuzawa, Kyoka and Yosano all notice Ranpo's kind gesture. They know it isn't very often when Ranpo shares his snack and reveals that even the great detective can feel nervous. Yosano looks down at Atsushi with a kind smile, she wants to follow Ranpo's example. She understands better that Atsushi must be feeling quite stressed out so she wants to help.

''Atsushi, I know this can be alot for you, with so much happening  in less than 24 hours, so if you need to speak about it, come to me. I promise I won't be mad, I promise right now that whatever you need help with, I'll give it my all. Or if you need to speak your mind out, I can always keep a good secret.'' She says this with a wink, to give a good message. Fukuzawa also adds on.

''Yes Atsushi, you're not just a member here, you're a well trusted friend. You help the agency every single day, we are grateful for your help and we are always ready to give it back. Do not fret to ask for anyone's help. We are all reliable and reliant. It is what makes the agency home.''
Atsushi gives a big smile to all the kind guestures, finally feeling some weight off his shoulders. Kyoka gives a light hug too to top it all off. Atsushi feels very reassured at the moment, and he would just like it like this forever.

Pocky for the poor souls that don't know /j /sar