iii

Now playing,

Now playing,

Mount Everest
LABRINTH
Beyoncé Knowles

"You want me to what?" Mrs. Maraj bellowed, never taking her eyes off the screen. Beyoncé stood in front of her with both hands clasped behind her back. She silently rocked on her heels. Questioning whether or not this was a good idea. It was hot out outside she suddenly realized. New York was always bipolar with its whether. Within recents weeks it was cold, now it's suddenly hot.

Why did Beyoncé feel so hot?

Suppressing the thoughts of what happened minutes ago. Consistency being her key quality, she shifted the conversation back to work. That phone call from earlier replaying in her mind over and over like a broken record.

"Publicly speak about the goals of the company." Beyoncé sighed running her hand through her hair. She took a much needed seat slipping out of her heels allowing them to hit the floor. She moaned stretching her sore limbs, a day off was much needed. But her goal still wasn't met.

"Your running an amazing boat Mrs.Maraj- I mean Nicki. It's just the public views you... let's just say not so nicely.  They believe you to be someone who clearly doesn't value basic human rights." She chuckled to herself. Her eyes sparkling as she stared out the large windows.

It was beautiful outside, she wanted to run through a field of green and roll around all day. But she was stuck in this large office with people who made her cry and want to quit a job she very much loved.

"And why should I care about the public, Beyoncé?" Catching her off guard, Beyoncé's eyes stuttered on Onika's figure. They glared at each other, onika clearly curious about what the young girl had to say.

Working for Mrs. Maraj was like working with a puzzle that had missing pieces. Everything would be good, pieces fitting perfectly. Until you lost one, then it's left uncompleted. Beyoncé wanted to be on her good side, she wanted to impress her. She knew it was going to be a horrid experience but she didn't care. She wanted to figure Onika-Nicki out. There's so much about the woman she doesn't know.

Everyone had a different opinion. Majority of them horrible but from what she's seen? Onika was a ten in her book.

"Your investing your money into them. Why wouldn't you? The public is the reason you and I sit so comfortably, right?" Mrs. Maraj just nodded her head. Her eyes lingering on Beyoncé's comfortable body.

"So what exactly do you think I should do? I'm all ears Ms. Knowles." She darkly chuckled leaning back into her chair. Her legs spread wide as her arms rested gently on her desk.