xiv

OMNISCIENT

"Thank you." Beyoncé smiled as the two guards opened the conference room doors.

They were skeptical about letting her in. But she lied saying she was Onika's wife. Everyone else seemed to think so, so why not run with it?

She tried to be quiet, she didn't want all the attention on her. She just wanted to listen, it was literally her job. She was apart of the team and for them to push her aside was wrong.

"Chi sei?" Who are you? A man asked causing Beyoncé's eyes to widen.

Everyone's head darted back, staring at the woman. She glanced around the room to see everyone's faces. Lauren covered her eyes letting out a sigh. Jay was shaking his head, clearly trying not to smile. Donovan appeared bored, Ryan seemed sad.

And Onika looked enraged.

She stood from her seat stomping toward Beyoncé. She aggressively snatched her arm up again. Pulling the woman closer to her. A scowl on her face, Beyoncé wondered who pissed in her cereal.

"Why're you in here? Are you fucking stupid?" Onika let out clenching her jaw.

"Stop talking to me like I'm India!" Beyoncé barked back, snatching her arm away.

"You—." The conference room door opened again. Ricki stood at the door with a worried expression. She turned pale when she made eye contact with Onika.

"Why is she in here?" Onika pushed past Beyoncé getting in Ricki's face. The woman closed her eyes turning her head away.

"Eske ou pèdi li?" Have you lost it?

Beyoncé's eyebrows furrowed. This was getting confusing, they were doing that thing. Where they argued in some other language. Clearly this was Ricki's native tongue the way she was speaking back to Onika.

"Li kouri ale!" She ran away!

Beyoncé didn't know what they were saying. But she knew she needed to intervene. Onika's fist were clenching like she was going to pop Ricki.

"Both of you sit down! Do you not realize where we are? Who were speaking with? If Joseph didn't know you so well I'm sure he would've been left!" Donovan spoke, the authority in his voice was enough to shut Ricki up.

But Onika kept going.

"Ti rimanderò ad Haiti! Pensi di essere così figo adesso? Lascerò che tuo padre si occupi del tuo patetico culo!" I'll send you back to Haiti. Think your so cool now? I'll let your father deal with your pathetic ass!

"ABBASTANZA!" ENOUGH Donovan hollered slapping his fist down onto the table.

"Get out." Onika gritted, she was all in Ricki's face. When she didn't move Nicki decked her in the mouth.

Pushing her out the conference room doors, Ricki stumbled back. She was getting ready for a fight but Donovan separated them. He dragged Ricki away by her shirt, she was red in the face. Onika just fixed her suit closing the doors directing her attention back to Beyoncé.

"Your right, your not India. That's exactly why I should be able to tell you something once and you listen. I need you to go outside and sit the fuck down. I didn't need you in here. That's exactly why you were with Ricki."

"I'm apart of this company just like—."

"Beyoncé." Onika said sternly, accepting her defeat she turned on her heels. Swiftly leaving the room, she took a seat in the waiting area her face in her palms.