iv

Now playing, what you need, the weekend

BEYONCÉ G KNOWLES

"Good Morning Beyoncé!" One of her employees chimed. Her eyebrows scrunched but she said good morning anyway.

This was about the 11th person to say good morning. Beyoncé didn't know whether it was a trend or not. But her whole department has been happier than ever. They come to work on time, they make sure to speak to Beyoncé. And some even do the extra mile and fill out their forms so Beyoncé didn't have to.

She was confused but liked the new found brightness within the company. People were happy and things were moving along great. She had a surprise meeting this morning so she wanted to check in on everyone first. Clearly seeing how fantastic things were going she took herself upstairs.

Going onto the highest floor, a floor she's visited quite often. She happily strutted toward the double doors pushing them open. She could hear Donovan and Ryan chit chatting already.

Once the door opened all eyes were on her. She smiled happily greeting everyone, she smoothed out her dress taking a seat next to Ricki. She was staring at Beyoncé like she was a ghost.

"Wow. I see why Jay is so mad, Beyoncé you are beautiful. You should wear your hair up more often." Ricki expressed leaning over some to get a better look. Beyoncé chuckled waving the woman off she had no shame.

"Don't do that girl you are gorgeous." She basically howled. She was at a loss for words staring at Beyoncé.

"Your single now right? I'm not sure which way you swing but I can definitely-."

"Rhonwen." Onika said sternly, she glared at the woman with a clenched jaw.

Ricki's eyes widened as a grin crossed her face. She leaned back in her seat lightly placing her hand out. Lauren rolled her eyes shoving her a twenty.

Beyoncé didn't catch the interaction, she was confused on why Onika seemed so mad. But then again when is she not mad?

"Who are we waiting on? I'm ready for y'all to get the hell out my office." She sighed clearly agitated. Everyone was in the room, even Jay. He was ducked off in the corner avoiding eye contact with Beyoncé.

There's been a major shift in their interactions. Not that she's complaining, he only checks in on her when needed. Besides that he acts like she's not even there. She was grateful.

The doble doors opened and Brent came waltzing in. India right behind him, everyone rolled their eyes but Onika and Beyonce. They were focused on other things. Onika was staring at her watch and Beyoncé was staring at her stare.