4.Back to India

🎶banaati hai jo tu
wo yaadein jaane sang mere kab tak chalein
inhi mein to meri
subah bhi Dhale,
shamein Dhalein,
mausam Dhalein🎶

KABEER

The judge is looking at me like am I sure of what I said. Ofcourse I am I don't have time to do all the shits he will make us do.I need the marriage certificate as soon as possible. The problem is not the judge,its the hurricane infront of me throwing daggers through her eyes at me.

"Kabeer, listen to me we still have time- "

"Time we don't have." I said cutting her off. Give it to her to fight with every word I say.

"We are getting late ,sir." The judge is not looking in mood for this marriage.

{Ek din aapki bhi shaadi hogi, kabeer tab app kya karenge , hmm .}

{One day your wedding will also happen ,kabeer then what will you do hmm .}

I shake my head internally , this is not the time to revisit old members. The judge looked at me one last time and said "If you both don't want to take vows , then it's okay but you have put the nupitals. Then sign the papers. Have your marriage certificate."

"That's okay." I replied.

Taking the nuptial's chain and vermillion I turned towards. We both turned towards each other at same time. Her face is expressionless. Her face is rarely expressionless, she might think she hides her expression very well. But her eyes gives it away. However today her eyes also have no emotion in it. She is silent for once. But I am not liking it. Not even a bit .She always has something to say to me. Always. That why I said "Smile a little it's your wedding after all." Bending to put the mangalsutra.

I lifted the small container of sindoor and dipped my finger in it. I gently touched her forehead and drew a thin line along the parting of her hair. I felt her flinch slightly, as if she was not ready for this.

The moment I put the mangalsutra in her neck . She looked at me like the moment she will get the chance,she will throw it on my face.

Fuck, does she know she looks hot when furious?.

I don't even know how I convinced Ranbeer. I just knew we have to go back.

The judge gives us the marriage certificate. Thanks fuck its done. Now I need them to come with me. Hopefully they will agree. Who am I kidding? 0fcourse they will do everything known to mankind to run away from me after the shit I put them through one year ago.

Shreya and Ranbeer are walking ahead of me, giving me the evil side-eye. I'm sure they are cursing me all the way to Sunday and back. I don't care if I can see them together after a long time, talking or rather bitching about me. It's okay; I can be the villain in their story.

The moment we step outside the courtroom, two bodies are at our backs.

Pure grey eyes. Jet black hair. Thin lips. Twins.

Their uncanny resemblance makes distinguishing between them futile. Tall and imposing, with chiseled features and intense grey eyes, they mirror each other perfectly. Clad in casual attire, they blend into the crowd, yet their vigilant demeanor sets them apart. Their thin lips are set in a perpetual straight line, showing no hint of emotion. They've been my bodyguards for a year, a necessary precaution after a night that shattered my sense of security. Meeting them was timely; they silently vowed to shield me from any harm.