2 . The Visitor

🎶Ishq Mein Dil Bana Hai
Ishq Mein Dil Fanna Hai
Ho
Mita De Ya Bana De
Maine Tujhko Chuna Hai
Ho Ho
Tere Saare Rang
Odh Ke Dhang Odh Ke
Tera Hua Main
Sabko Chhod Ke
Ho Ho Ho
Ishq Ni Karna Naap Tol
Ke Raaj Khol Ke
Aaya Hoon Main
Sabko Bol Ke Ho🎶

SHREYA

"Fucking hell," I muttered into my pillow. Who the hell is ringing the bell of my door this early on a freaking Sunday?

*Ting Ting*

Forcing myself to get up, I stumbled towards the door with half-opened eyes. "You are on the wrong..." I began, opening the door without seeing the person on the other side.

"Hi, Shree," the person said with enthusiasm, which he shouldn't have after all these years. All my sleep went through the window, and I was totally awake now.

Despite all these years, his voice still beams with enthusiasm, every word bursting with excitement, like he's sharing the coolest story with his best friends.

Hazel-brown eyes. Wild and untamed light ash brown hair. Plump lips. Ranbeer.

"What are you doing here, Ranbeer?" I questioned firmly, denying him entry into the apartment. Ranbeer, tall and striking with hazel-brown eyes, light ash brown hair, and a physique that could grace the pages of a magazine, stood outside. He wore all black, with a cream-colored overcoat, exuding an air of confidence and style.

"At least let me in, Shree," he pleaded. I was blocking the door, not letting him in. He can pull that face, and everyone will do anything he asks. How can I resist that face?

"Fine, get in," I grumbled and went straight to the closet to change my appearance. My apartment is small but has a homey feeling, unlike Ranbeer's, who has a nice cottage but lacks emotion, unlike Lucifer's penthouse. The best friends don't know any feelings. Anyway, whatever works for them.

I wouldn't like to meet him in my T-shirt and shorts. I was trying to find a dress when he forwarded a bag towards me, "Wear this" that I hadn't noticed before.

"Did I ask for your opinion?" I said, grinding my teeth. If he thinks he can buy me a gift and I will forgive him, he is sorely mistaken.

"No, but I am giving you my opinion anyway because you are coming with me to a court," he said, completely ignoring my glares.

"And why do you think I will come with you?" I frowned. Where are we going, and why exactly?

"Cause Kabeer asked me to bring you and said to give this to you to wear." What? Kabeer asked him? When did the best friends started talking exactly?

"Kabeer asked you to bring me?" I asked skeptically.

"Yup," he seems uncomfortable.

Of course, he would be after everything.

"Why are you doing this, Bacche?" I asked him softly this time. Kabeer is definitely blackmailing Ranbeer or something like that.

"You and I, we both know why," Ranbeer said with an expression that said he wouldn't discuss much on this topic.

"No, I actually don't know, so go ahead and tell me!" I am downright furious at this point. If he is doing this with the intention of making everything okay between us three, then it's useless now.

"We don't have much time, so get ready fast," he said, ignoring my question.

"But I'm not done, Ranbeer."

"Shree, please let's just go and see why he called us to court."

"We?" I said dumbfounded.

"Yeah, if I'm taking you, I will also be there," he said like I have asked the stupidest question ever.

"Now, fast, fast, Shree."

I took the bag from him because now I want to know why Kabeer is doing this, whatever he is doing now, and went to get ready. It took me thirty minutes with a shower and the dress. It is a beautiful red gown with a half shoulder and full sleeves. It also has a thigh-high slit, which I love the most in any dress.

When I came out from the shower, I saw Ranbeer frowning and typing on his phone sitting on my bed.

"Let's go," I said, more to myself than to Ranbeer, because I'm not sure what I'm going to do or what will happen after we three are together after a long time.

Ranbeer glances up from his phone and says,"You look gorgeous."

"Wow, thanks," I reply, taken aback. "Honestly, I never thought I'd hear you say something like that." Am I teasing him right now ? Definitely. You don't always see your bestfriend complimenting you.

He responds casually, "Eh, you don't always look a little presentable."

"Just a little bit presentable?" I raised an eyebrow, daring him to say something bad about me.

"Yeah, if you want to impress a passing pigeon," he teased, a smirk playing on his lips. Apparently he can dare to do that .

"Ok, whatever. I don't need your snarky commentary," I retorted, rolling my eyes at him.

"Shreya baccha humlog Kabeer ke ghar jaa rahe hai. Chalna hai humare saath?" (Shreya baby, we are going to Kabeer's house. Do you want to come with us?")

"Jii mumma. Bas un dono ko bol do jo aaj sabse jyada accha lagega use bohot se chocolate milenge." (Yes, mumma. Just tell the two who impress the most today will get lots of chocolates." )

Forget it, Shreya.

We can never be the same. Never. I started doing my hair and makeup. I went with a dark look.

"Aren't you done, Shree?"

"Yeah, let's go."

I was ready for many things to happen there, but not what happened.

❄️❄️❄️

Do vote and comment...👽