6. The Airport Scene

🎶Chal Diya Dil Tere Peeche Peeche
Dekhta Main Rah Gaya
Kuch To Hai Tere Mere Darmiyan
Jo Ankaha Sa Reh Gaya🎶

KABEER

After we arrived at the airport, Lilith has decided to withdraw into her own self. It seems she's doing this to avoid talking to us. The twins probably won't answer unless I specifically ask them to.

As for Ranbeer,he doesn't know the real reason for all this. He wasn't even aware we were going back. But,screw it if I'm revealing anything to them.

Good,she has chosen to go on a silent mood. Or not so great, depending on how you see it . She will surely want her answer. Yet, after calming herself, she will not easily give in to her emotions. We share that trait, trying not to be swayed too much by our emotions.

But she will want the answers to her questions. I'm not sure when, but definitely not nicely. I'll just wait, because if she doesn't provoke me, how am I supposed to attack?

The guards are off to grab the tickets, and here we are in silence-yes, silence. It's been one year, five months, two weeks, and a handful of hours since the last time we were together like this but fighting, not silent.

Silence was never even an option for us. We all would always have something to discuss with each other. It felt nice after talking about everything and nothing with someone without explaining a damn thing. Our bond was beautiful. Like any friendship. And I destroyed everything between us.

But it had to be done. What's done is done. I can't and won't change anything between us. Not if something happens to them because of me. I can't have two more people's deaths on my hand.

I can't help but notice Ranbeer's cool vibe, no hysteria about heading back? However, I'm not naive enough to believe he's as composed as Shreya, who remains silent to soothe herself.He causes more trouble than Shreya.

As I turn towards him to talk. Twins comes back saying the next flight is in fifteen minutes. Fifteen minutes. I thought we might not get this flight. What? Ofcourse I planned everything beforehand. One would never know when this two decide to do exactly what you say or do complete opposite just to despise you. Thankfully they decided to do what I said. Barely. But like lilith loves to say look at bright side. Lets just do it.

After we got comfortable on the plane, Shreya dozed off. She can't stay awake during any kind of ride, not even if her life depended on it.

We settled into our seats. Shreya occupied the window seat on the left side, dozing off. Across the aisle, Ranbeer sat in the middle seat, fidgeting with his headphones. I reclined comfortably in the aisle seat. On the opposite side, Reyansh sat by the window, engrossed in his thoughts. Meanwhile, Devansh, on the same side as Reyansh, had his eyes closed, attempting to catch some sleep.

How I will make them understand whats going on? What I am planning to do? How I will make them fit according to my plan? Fuck, i don't know what or how to go forward with everything thing now.

I acted on impulse. Initially, leaving them felt like the right choice-I only needed that married document. But as I thought to walk away, a sense of unease settled in. It dawned on me that I couldn't just abandon them. We were in this game of 'ride or die' together, both literally and figuratively. It was either leaving them behind and always worrying about them or making them come with me, even if it worried me.

As I looked at Shreya, peacefully sleeping like a baby, her words suddenly struck me.

Look at the bright side, Lucifer. Why do you always need a plan? If you did something that you didn't plan, it means you acted impulsively. And you know what drives us to do that? Our heart. It says if you don't do it, you might regret it, so better to act on it than regret later. If in the future you ever feel overwhelmed about what to do next, just sit and think about today, or better yet, come talk with me. Okay?