9. Something Beautiful

🎶Yaad hai mujhko toone kaha tha
Tumse nahin roothenge kabhi
Dil ki tarah se aaj mile hain
Kaise bhala chhootenge kabhi
Teri baahon mein beeti har shaam
Bewafa yeh bhi kya yaad nahin 🎶

SHREYA

I feel him before he wrapped his hands around my waist. Instinctively, I leaned into him-a reflex born of habit, one I'm determined to break. He made it clear he didn't want me to. Fine. I started to pull away, but he tightened his grip on me.

"What are you doing?" I frowned. "Don't you know it's bad to call another man handsome in front of your own husband?" His breath fanned across my neck.

As his lips met my neck, I was taken aback by the sudden intimacy, though not unpleasantly so. Despite the unexpectedness of it all, I couldn't suppress the flicker of arousal intertwining with the anger and defiance simmering within.

Yet it's another reminder that my body isn't entirely under my control when he's around.

He pressed his lips against my neck, and a full-body shudder ripped through me. This isn't good. I... I'll end up forgetting everything he did and just let him have his way with me.

"In this past year, none of the praises I've given seem to have made any difference," I sighed, trying to assert myself against his games, struggling to resist his manipulative tactics.

"You didn't." he murmured softly, his smile tracing my neck. The audacity of that smile!

Despite my efforts to resist, I always find myself inexplicably drawn to him, like a moth to a flame. His presence is magnetic, pulling me in despite my better judgment.

"What? How would you know? You were never there. Never."

"But you always kept me with you."

"Huh?" He just chuckled darkly. My eyes widened in realization. "You were stalking me!"

"Bastard. Leave me," I tried to jerk away, but it was like trying to move a wall. He didn't even budge.

"Never, and I mean it, never compliment another man, neither in front of me nor behind me. Don't even look at another man; otherwise, I myself don't know what I would do." His words dripped with possessiveness as he bit down on my neck, hard, as if to drive home his point. I hissed,I am sure he drew blood.

Stomping my boots on his shoes, I made him loosen his grip on me. Seizing the opportunity, I jerked away from his hold, then turned around, gripping his collar and pulling him towards me, biting his neck in return. Hard

"Now we're even, and you'll never stalk me again." I said. He simply smiled.

Narrowing my eyes at him, I began, "You know-" but halted mid-sentence upon hearing footsteps, stepping away from him. Drawing in a deep breath, I returned to my neutral expression. Lucifer did the same.

We both turned to find Mr. Raichand with an envelope. Handing over the card and explaining other associated details to Kabeer he leaves. However, I didn't miss the amused glances he cast at our necks. Damn it.

When we entered the mall again, we saw Ranbeer with the guards waiting for us.

"Where were you both?" Ranbeer questioned.

Subconsciously, I put my hand on my neck. To my surprise, Lucifer also buttoned up his shirt to the neck. I felt like a parent lying to their children about going somewhere to have a quick makeout session, not wanting to lie but unable to tell the truth. Even though we didn't have a makeout session. Why the hell I sound disappointed?