8. Shopping

🎶Ladkon ko lagta hai easy jeet jaana
Iss baar unko hara ke hai dikhana
Badi badi haanke hai
Yunhi hawa phaanke hai
Jebe bhari khali hai aqle🎶

KABEER

I followed the twins downstairs, my whole body coiled with tension. But what greeted me surprised me, and that's saying something because I hardly get surprised anymore, courtesy of my life.

The twins at the door are standing as if they don't know what to do, but their whole bodies are on alert mode. These two look ready to break the head of the poor old man standing at the door. Fuck the security standing behind him.

"Who are you?" Eyes narrowed, the old man's tone is laced with accusation. His entire security team looks ready to defend him, all twelve of them. But it wouldn't help even if there were a hundred. The twins are the best in their field. I've seen them pummel fifty men to dust in the blink of an eye. That's why I chose them.

"They are my friends," I replied before the war could begin.

"Kabeer!" he exclaimed when his eyes fell on me, tension leaving his body as he signaled for security to back off with a gesture of his hand.

"You're here. How come I didn't know?" He said, making his way towards me.

"Uncle!" "Dad." I turned around to look at Lilith, who sounded mortified. But the moment I turned, she flew inside my room. Huh. What happened to her now? Ranbeer also looks as confused as me. He made his way towards uncle, who looks like he hasn't aged.

Vivek Singhania broad shoulders carry the weight of responsibility with ease, and his stature exudes a quiet strength that draws others to him. His gaze is piercing yet warm, reflecting a depth of wisdom and experience earned through years of navigating life's challenges. Every movement is deliberate, every gesture calculated, as he moves through the world with the grace and poise of a true leader.

He has a firm and resolute jawline, speaking of resolve and determination, while his lips, often set in a firm line, betray little of his inner thoughts. Despite the occasional crease of worry or furrow of concentration, there's a regal calmness to his expression, as if he's always in control, even in the face of adversity.

"You all are here!" Uncle joy is contagious.

Ranbeer comes down rounding the stairs in front of us. He bends to take blessings from his dad. Then I bend, but before I can touch his feet, he stops me. "Oh, no need for this. You all will always have my blessings."

"Why...how...When did you all come?" He asked, hugging us both.

"Today." "Yesterday." Ranbeer and I said at the same time. Fuck.

Uncle eyes us both. "When did you really come? And what's going on?"

"Today, nothing much happened. These two wanted to see my house," I gesture towards the twins. They both look like deer caught in headlights, almost comical if I wasn't caught in this position.

"Hmm. Have you shown them around yet? So, what are you waiting for? Why are you all still here?"

"We just arrived and haven't shown them the whole house yet."