5.The Kapoor's Mansion

🎶badrang mein satranga hai yeh ishq re,
jogi main aur ganga hai yeh ishq re,
badrang mein satranga hai yeh ishq re,
jogi main aur ganga hai yeh ishq re🎶

SHREYA

The mansion loomed before me, a dull splash of colour in the landscape. I could see the intricate patterns and motifs that adorned the walls and windows, a testament to the wealth and taste of its former owners. The entrance was a grand archway, flanked by a carved wooden door with brass fittings.

But the mansion is not a welcoming sight. It is abandoned and looks like it is decaying for years. The paint was peeling and fading, and the walls are stained with mold and dirt.

The windows are dusty and cobwebbed, and some of them were broken or boarded up. The shutters and grills looks rusty and creaky, and the door was warped and swollen. I could see signs of vandalism and graffiti, spray-painted words, symbols, and images that defaced the once-beautiful facade. I could also see signs of decay and damage, cracks, holes, and leaks that marred the structure.

A fountain stood in the front of the mansion, a contrast to the desolate surroundings. It is a large circular basin, with a statue of a winged angel in the center. The angel held a trumpet to its lips, and water spouted from the mouthpiece. The fountain was once a symbol of grace and elegance, but now it is silent and dry. The water had been drained long ago, and the statue was covered with dust and bird droppings. The basin is cracked and chipped, and weeds grew from the gaps. The fountain is a reminder of the glory and downfall of the mansion, a faded memory of a bygone era.

By the time I realised, where are we, it was too late . We were really infront of Kapoor mansion. I look to my right where Kabeer was sitting with so much nonchalance . One would think changing countries were his daily routine . "You are insane if you think we will follow you blindly ,when you are not even telling us everything."

I am unable to recall the moments preceding to my awakening, until Kabeer gently guided me into the cab, awakening me from a dreamless slumber. I remember sitting in the plane and I guess I slept after sometime. For the love of God I can never be awake in any ride. I guess kabeer did not wanted to waste time in waking me. I am one of persons who gets too much grumpy if someone else wake me up . If I get up by myself I am much , much tolerable.

The whole ride I didn't talk to anyone . It was hard not to ask the twins or the best friends where are we going . But I don't think they would love to answer me.

I can't fathom, even in my wildest dreams, that one moment Ranbeer would be at my doorstep, and the next, I'd find myself at Kapoor's Mansion. Kabeer simply shrugged and exited the car. My mind chose this moment to engage in relentless overthinking. Thoughts, with no rightful place in my mind, looped like a broken record. When he needed us, he just gave us orders ' Get out of my life ', ' let's get married ', 'do this for us'.

Now he doesn't need us ,so he is sending us out of his life . He just woke up today and decided he needed a marriage certificate -doesn't fucking think about asking me- and got it. At the expense of my fucking sanity , ranbeer's even , if I might add .

"Come out." A palm extended toward me .Kabeer extended his hand, gently coaxing me back to reality. Despite his offer, I declined, pushing him away and stepping out on my own. With folded arms, I quietly observed the mansion.

All I see is our parents. I never wanted to come here again. Everything here makes me want to cry over what have I lost.

"Come on, let's go inside," he said making his way inside expecting us to follow.