Recovery

(Hi.. I'm not getting any new ideas right now. So if my posts slow down, I do apologize.)
—————————————————

The four days after Königs incident, she spent taking care of him, cleaning his wound, checking his stitches, she would help him into the shower and gently wash around it before she would redress it. She was still a bit anxious, checking his vitals every so often. Making sure he didn't have a fever or wasn't experiencing any unnecessary pain. Laying him in her bed, she looked down at him. "Did you mean what you said?"
Her question seemed so simple, even though the weight behind it felt heavy.

"What part? About me marrying you? Natürlich. I wasn't that out of it" he stopped and gave her a moment to process his words before he continued

"(name), I've loved you for a long time. Since you were assigned my medic. When I laid eyes upon you, I felt something tug at my heart" he reached out and held her hand gently. Bringing it up to his lip he placed a gentle kiss to her knuckles and gave a soft chuckle.

"When I was first assigned to you.. I was intimidated by you, hell I still am. But there was something about you that called to me..." she gave him a reassuring smile before she sat on the side of the bed, leaning forward she fluffed his pillow. His hand went up to rest on her side gently giving a soft squeeze. "But it's a good kind of intimidation, dare i say it's.. comforting?" Her words always came out soft when she spoke to him.
Never harsh, Never angry.
He looked up at her with a soft expression before he sighed "i should be intimidating.. if you are to be my wife.. a pretty little thing like you needs a protector" she chuckled almost as soon as he said that rolling her eyes just a little bit.

"Did you roll your eyes at me? (Full name), we talked about that. You're lucky im still healing these stitches" he gripped her side a little harder as he spoke. His eyes darkening slightly as they looked over her figure. "Lucky? Is that what you call it?" She laughed fully now as she grabbed his wrist moving it to his side, holding it there. "YOU are lucky that im not messing with you, you're in my bed. At my mercy. So i think i will take this time to... what's the word?" A smirk cracked across her lips as she spoke. Her own eyes darkening softly as she looked at him. "Tease me? Use me? There are so many words you could choose" his voice started softening giving her a false impression, he was wondering how far she would take this. She nodded her head leaning forward placing gentile kisses along his jawline giggling when she heard him suck in a sharp breath "i could take this time... to use for my own advantage." She continued laying kisses along his jaw. Moving down to his neck as she removed her hand from his wrist and placed it on his knee. Slowing moving up his thigh. "But today, i am your medic. Medics orders are to rest. We have plenty of time to do that later" she removed her hand from his thigh and stood up. Just as she was about to walk away he caught her by the wrist. "Go grab my jacket. I have something for you" he nodded his head in the direction of his coat. It was draped over the back of the couch located still in the same position by the mirror.

When she picked the jacket up she felt it weighed down slightly. Thinking nothing of it she brought the jacket over to him. Instead of taking the jacket from her he reached for the pocket and put his hand inside. When he pulled his hand out a small velvet box came with it. When he opened the box she gasped softly, inside was an engagement ring. It wasn't large, it was simple. A small diamond with a thin silver band. "I meant it. Let's get married. Soon. I don't want to spend anymore time that i do have not spending it as your husband. Heirate mich, bitte"
Tears welled up in her eyes as she listened to him speak, looking between him and the ring a few times her heart seemed like it was going to beat right out of her chest.
She was a little too stunned to speak for a moment causing him to worry a little before she nodded her head. "Yes, i will marry you" as soon as she said yes he smiled so big he felt his cheeks start to ache. He pulled the ring out of the small box and then took hold of her hand, slipping the ring onto her finger slowly before he placed another kiss to her knuckles.

"When im healed, well enough to do so. We will get married. And we start our journey together" he smiled as he ran his thumb over her knuckles, softly and gently. His gaze was soft as he looked at her.

He knew in his heart that she was his favorite girl. His favorite medic. The only woman in this world that had shown him such compassion and love. Over the last year she had become the love of his life. The reason he wanted to make it back from his missions. The reason his heart would speed up whenever he thought about a future. It was all her.

—————————————————
Heirate mich, bitte - marry me, please

(As this chapter comes to an end I want to say thank you, we are at 1.42k reads and I can't thank you enough for it! Please, continue to enjoy and thanks for the support)