Chapter 42

You waited for his answer. Your heart was beating really fast.

Finally!

You thought to yourself. Finally you were able to ask him on a date.

- G-going out?

He was clearly shocked by your question. And to be honest who wouldn't.

- Y-yea... If you want to I'd like to hang out with you.

- I- I'd like that too... But I'm sorry.
I can't this week.

Huh?

- I see...

You sounded heartbroken and Yuri wanted to hit his head against the wall or be ran by a truck again or maybe both.

- W-WHEN I'M FREE I'LL CALL YOU RIGHT AWAY!

He shouted and quickly hanged up.

As the phones call ended you felt like you wanted to cry. No matter how .any bullets you've taken till this day that hurted the most.

You walked in the apartment, your face lifeless

Is it something that I did? Was I too to the point?

Maybe it would have been the best if I asked him when he visits again?

Those were the thoughts you had while you were walking in your room.
You were overthinking this but what else could you do.

It was the first time you have fallen in love and the first time you genuinely wanted to ask someone out.
So, when you got turned down you started thinking.

Of course you did nothing wrong, Yuri just wasn't at his best because he had a chance to catch Twilight,or better Lilith, but he failed. And now he was... Not at his best.

That was the reason he didn't come to your house anymore.

You fell on the your bed and just laid there, thinking. Untill your brother sent you a message.