Chapter 2

Chen's POV:

15 MINUTES LATER... 7:00 PM

y/n stepped out of her room in her polka-dotted pajamas... I sat up. Baekhyun was still in the same position he was when he flopped on the couch... Legs and arms sprawled everywhere.

y/n looked so pretty. Her hair looked like it was still damp, though. She was still pretty.

"Hey, y/n, do you want to come over to our dorm? Hang out with the guys?" Baekhyun asked, not moving from his position.

"Hm..." she thought quietly. She glanced at Baekhyun, trying to understand his odd position, and she looked over at me.

I smiled. She smiled back.

"Alright. Let me go change."

Later, y/n came back out, changed into her street clothes. We were all about to leave, but Baekhyun said he needed to go the bathroom quickly. Soon enough, it was only me and y/n in the room. She was looking through her pantry. For a snack probably... This is my chance. To tell her how I feel towards her.

But I stayed quiet.

Finally, I gained the courage to say something. This is it.

"H-hey, y/n?"

"Yeah?" she responded, turning around to face me.

I completely forgot all words. I didn't know what to say. "Uh... I like your hair."

"Um, it's still wet. I'm letting it air-dry. But thanks?" she said, a little confused with my sudden awkwardness.

"Yeah, n-no problem." I said, hoping that the awkwardness would cease. But it only got worse.

"Are you ok?" she asked.

I was embarrassed to have to be asked that question. "Yeah! I'm fine! Why, is something wrong?" I asked super defensively.

"No... I'm just asking." y/n said, a little weirded out.

I'm an idiot. I didn't say anything back. I just lied down on the couch and tightly shut my eyes. I'm an idiot. I'm an idiot. I'm an idiot.

Baekhyun came back out and stood over by the door. "Alrighty, are we ready to leave?" he said, pumped up. He was always randomly energetic.

"Mm hm." y/n mumbled, chewing on a granola bar that she got from her pantry, slowly gathering things into her purse. She acted like nothing happened. Well, I guess what just happened wasn't as awkward for her as it was for me.

"Baekhyun." I whispered, standing next to him.

"Hm?"

"I screwed up."

"What do you mean?"

"I tried to tell her while you were in the bathroom. But my mouth was so dry. I swear, I must've looked so stupid."

Stupid Baekhyun burst out in laughter.

"What's so funny?" y/n asked, coming up behind us.

"Nothing." I said, elbowing Baek to pull his shit together.

"Ok... Well, let's go!" y/n said holding her purse in one hand and her granola bar in the other.

Y/n's POV:

Jongdae walked ahead a little bit. He was acting a bit strange tonight. I stayed behind to lock the door. Baekhyun stayed with me. I locked it and we started to follow Jongdae down the hallway.

"Baekhyun-ah." I said. Baek stopped walking and waited for me. Jongdae continued to walk. I don't think he heard anything.

"Is it just me or is Jongdae acting a little... different today?" I said softly.