Chapter 8

2 WEEKS LATER...

Sehun's POV:

I'm in the dorm with nothing to do, nearly bored to death. I had no plans for tonight. I decided to give y/n a call.

Riiing...

"Hello?" she answered.

"Hey, babe. Whatcha doin?"

"Just folding laundry. What about you?"

"Nothing." I said grumpily. "I'm bored, so I called you."

"Aw," she said, bummed. "we could've hung out tonight, but you told me you had plans with your friends or something, didn't you?"

"Yeah, but they canceled."

"Oh... Do you want to come over? It's just me at home. My roommate isn't gonna be home tonight."

"I can't. My car's in the shop..."

"Oh, I see..." 

"Can I video call you? I miss your face." I really did.

She gave that cute giggle of hers. "Yeah."

Her pretty face soon appeared on my phone screen. I was laying on my bed, bare faced. 

"Hi~" she said cutely.

I smiled.

"Are you home alone too?" she asked.

"No, Kyungsoo hyung and Jongdae hyung are home too."

Her face kind of lit up, I think. "Oh really? 

I know she misses Jongdae, but she has been very sad with him since he passed on going to the movies with us last time. She was really upset too. I don't think they've talked since.

I nodded. "Why do you seem so surprised?"

She relaxed. "No I'm not..." She quickly pulled the conversation forward. "What are they doing, anyway?"

"Kyungsoo hyung's watching a movie or cooking, I think."

She stared at me and waited silently.

"Well... what about Jongdae?" she asked, trying not to sound eager. But I knew her too well.

"I'm not sure."

"Hey, by the way, is his phone broken or something?"

"No, why?"

"I dunno... He's not returning most of my calls or messages."

"How come?"

"Well, I mean, he answers a few of them. But..." She sighed. "I dunno... Every time I talk to him, he just ends the conversation way quicker than usual... I think he doesn't want to talk to me... I don't want to admit it, but it's probably the truth." Her facial expression grew slightly gloomy.

"I know what you mean... He hasn't been talking to me lately all too much either." I said quietly.

"Not to you? How come?"

"Shhh... You're talking a little bit too loud. Hold on, lemme get my earphones." I got up and rustled through my bedside drawer's contents to find my earphones. I found them and plugged them in. I didn't want Jongdae hyung to hear us talking about him in case he came in the room.

"You were saying?" y/n said as soon as I put on my earphones.

"I dunno... He's just been talking to me less than usual. Hanging out too. I don't see him that often, except for when we have dance practice for the concert. Oh, did I tell you yet? We have a concert coming up next month or so."