Chapter 13

Chen's POV:

I was looking around for shore. My head and y/n's head were hardly in the surface, but at least we had air. 

"JONGDAE-AH!!!" Baekhyun was waving his hands. 

I tried to swim towards him, but it was difficult since the water and currents kept pulling us in the wrong directions. My heart was pounding in my chest. I was so scared. Regardless, I did everything in my power at that moment to get out of the water.

I was nearing shore. Baekhyun swam out to meet us. He took y/n from my arms and carried her back to our spot as I was finally able to stand. I bent over and choked out water and was gasping for breath. I looked at my legs and feet, which were uncontrollably shaking. My chest hurt a lot.

I snapped out of it and ran towards Baekhyun, who was laying y/n on the sand.

"She's not breathing." Baekhyun said, checking her pulse and pumping her chest. 

y/n's face was blue and pale. She skin was cold.

"Did you call the ambulance?" I asked. 

Oh my god, y/n has to wake up!

"Yeah, they're on their way. Do you know how to do CPR??"

"Uh, I don't know how to do it properly--"

"Just d-do it! y/n can't die!" 

Baekhyun was crying.

I quickly did as he said. I've never seen Baekhyun break down like this. I mean, I was as concerned as he was.

After 10 tries, y/n still wasn't waking up or breathing. Her lips were ice cold. I was losing hope.

"Baekhyun, I--"

"N-no!!1 No! No! No! No!" screamed Baekhyun. He forcefully pushed me off her and tried to wake her up himself, desperately pumping her chest and giving her air.

"They're over there!" I heard a voice. I turned around. The paramedics were finally here. 

I waved my arms and they came running over. 

"What's the situation? How's she doing?" asked one paramedic as he kneeled down to y/n. I stood up and got out of his way. 

I didn't really show it as much as Baekhyun, but I was scared as hell. 

"No! No! y/n, please wake up.." desperately pleaded Baekhyun, still on top of y/n.

"Sir, please get off her. We'll help her." the parademic asked respectfully. 

Baekhyun didn't move. He was in disbelief. 

"She's not dead... She can't..." muttered Baekhyun in shock.

"Baekhyun..." I said and pulled him off her. 

He was a mess. 

"No!! No!! Please... save her!" he pleaded. 

"Sir, I'm going to need you calm down. We will take care of it. We are professionals." said another paramedic.

I took Baekhyun to the side and tried to calm him down. He was shaking badly, eyes red from crying and panicking.

"Baekhyun, it's ok. Doctors are here."

"y/n..." His voice was shaky.

"They'll save her. She won't die."

I gave him a towel. After a while he calmed down.

A lady paramedic came over to us and interviewed us about what happened.

"Well, we were sitting on the shore and y/n said she wanted to go out for another swim. Before we knew it, we heard her cry for help." I said. 

Baekhyun wasn't in the condition to talk.

"I see. This beach has pretty strong tides, and it's dangerous to get caught in them. Drowning or near drowning are often common in conditions like this."

"Yeah, I think that's what happened to her. She was caught in a tide and it swept her far away as she was. I swam after her and brought her back though."

Baekhyun spoke up. "Her face was pale and blue. She was cold and she wasn't breathing when he brought her back."

Another paramedic came to speak to us. 

I looked behind him. They were wrapping her in a towel to keep her warm and put her on the stretcher.

"Good news: she's breathing." he informed us.

Baekhyun and I were extremely relieved.

"Thank you so much." I said.

"Of course."

"What happens now?" Baekhyun asked.

"We're going to take her to Seoul National University Hospital right now where we can properly help her recover. But I'll assure you, she'll be ok. She's breathing and we're gonna keep her that way."

"You two got a car?" asked the lady.

We nodded. 

They were loading the stretcher onto the ambulance. 

"We gotta go now before the ambulance runs off without us. You guys can meet her there."

"Ok alright. Thank you very much, once again, doctors."

"Always." said the other paramedic. 

The two paramedics ran off to the ambulance that would eventually quickly drive away with the sirens going off, taking y/n with it.

Baekhyun let out a deep sigh.

I rubbed his back. 

"Are you ok?" I asked.

"Yeah... Are you?"

"Barely." I said, and dropped to my knees. I was exhausted physically and mentally.

Baekhyun's POV:

It was amazing that Jongdae's been able to keep so calm today. I know he bottles things up a lot. I have a feeling this one is gonna spill soon.

"I'll drive. You just sit in the car and rest." I said as we walked back to the car.