One

Lorenzo Petrov
I smile.
And watch as the man in front of me drops dead.

I twirl with the knife in my hand. My eyes still on the bastard as I watch blood seep out of his body, soaking his suit.

I look up at my guards, without instructions, they get out of the room and I'm left with Rio Volkov, a friend who doesn't wear any emotions off his face for that matter, unlike me.

His face is devoid of...humanly reactions if we're looking at it from that perspective, he reminds me of his father, uncle Romero doesn't differ a lot from the robot I'm currently staring at. Except for the fact that his son might be a lot psychotic than he's letting on.

"Are you satisfied now?" He asks, his tone slightly edged it makes my eyebrows rise, almost mockingly as I stare at him, "No." I offer dryly, I'm not, one bastard down is nothing for me, I have a long way ahead.

"It's useless." He believes he's a genius, some call him that itself, but this sentence proves otherwise, "This is the stupidest shit you've said all day." I protest, slightly annoyed by the statement, my nose scrunches as the bloody smell continues engulfing my nostrils.

He eyes me like I've grown two heads and doesn't try to dodge the insult, I roll my eyes at his reaction, before my phone rings, and my muscles clench as i take in the name flashing across the screen.

Pink emojis are scattered all around her name, Levine did that herself. Years ago, I don't even remember how long it's been that way, I breathe in roughly, turn away from the blood and answer the call.

First thing that meets my ears is her clearing her throat, almost as if she's embracing herself for this call, "Good morning." She starts casually, her voice softer than I remember, "Good morning." I offer lightly.

"So, you know." She coughs into the call awkwardly, "Know what?" I ask, raising an eyebrow "Enzo, You know I'm coming over, right?" She asks in a higher tone, almost a panicked one.

"I know." I assure, she's the only one who calls me Enzo, maybe other than mom, and it always spreads some warmth through my body, it reminds me of some kind of innocence, "Thank god, will you be waiting for me at the airport?" She asks flatly, her flight is in five hours, I recall what I have for today, "Yes." I assure her.

"Okay, it's been so long! I'm almost excited to see you." She emphasizes, same old Levine.

"Almost." I point out.
"Almost." She teases.
"Me too."

Moments later, we end the call after I promise her numerous times that I won't bail out on her.

"Levine, hmm?" Rio hums, I glare at him, they've always despised each other ever since we were kids, and while I do appreciate his words sometimes, I won't accept them in form of insults directed at her right now.

He picks up on that because he widens his eyes marginally, holds up his hands in a mocking way that makes my lips twist in annoyance, "Uncle Alexander will strangle you if you speak a word." That threat is more effective than any other.

"Good thing he has no idea about this." He raises his eyebrows, not even two minutes later, said Alexander calls, I embrace myself for the possible threats coming my way.

How he'll chop off my dick if I don't take care of Levine, how he'll cut me up in pieces if I utter one word that makes his daughter frown to say the least, the list is endless.

"Maybe he will." I joke dryly and answer the call, "I'm sure you already have a fucking idea about what I will do to you if you don't take care of my daughter." his threat is enough to bring grown men to their knees, and maybe because I'm well aware that he partially won't do some of what he's saying, I'm not as scared.