Epilogue

Lorenzo Petrov
3 years later...
"Look, this one there, it's huge!" Levine points up at another star, i turn, staring down at her as her eyes glisten with joy that somehow manages to instantly spike into my veins.

"There too." I point at another one, mainly to watch her utter excitement when she looks at it, she jostles her legs, swinging them beneath her as if we aren't on top of the roof.

"Are you happy?" I ask her a question that I've asked years ago, but the answer might change now, she breathes out, humming as she fidgets with her fingers like she always does.

"Definitely." She says with sureness that makes me beam, literally fucking beam, I smile full on, and she finally turns to me, pulling her legs back as she crosses them beneath her.

"Are you?" She shoots the question straight back at me, I watch her big eyes staring into mine, "I'm happy whenever you are." And it's the truth, throughout the past years, it's been proved that her happiness equals mine.

Any day whenever I'm in a bad mood, bothered or even have anything on my mind, a single smile of hers is enough to erase that feeling.

She is my sun.

"You're very VERY romantic, Enzo Petrov." She wiggles her eyebrows at me, smiling from ear to ear as her cheeks redden cutely, "You're very cute, Levine Romanov." I wink.

Years ago when we got married, she didn't take my last name, her last name is already more than important here in the bratva and it doesn't really matter to me.

A last name won't change the fact that Levine is mine. My girl. My wife. My love.

"I'm also very hungry." She adds nonchalantly before grabbing the Chinese we brought, at 2 am, on the rooftop, with my wife, eating Chinese, yet nothing sounds better.

"This—uh, wow." She moans in approval before taking another forkful of noodles, I grab my plate and start twirling some of the noodles around my fork, but my mind isn't on the food.

It's somewhere else. "I know we've discussed kids once before." I start, scratching my nape as I try to form the right words, "but the conversation was left unfinished." And it was, we somehow ended up kissing cause we both despised the turn it took.

We both want kids.
But we're terrified of having them.

At least that's something we agree on, when I look back at her expression I find her doing the same, distracting herself with the food in her lap, staring ahead of her at the dark sky.

Basically anywhere but me. So I reach out, holding her chin between my index and thumb as I turn her to me, "Levine, this is not a situation you can run away from, it needs to be discussed." We've laid it back for two years now.

"I know, but I don't want us to fight." Her voice trembles and she breathes out roughly, the spark in her eyes gone, my heart dims at the fact that I'm reason behind that reaction.

"We never fight and it won't start now." Fighting with her seems unbearable, and maybe that sounds over dramatic but it's genuinely that bad, seeing Levine sad or even mad at me, not talking to each other.

Yeah no, we've been married for three years, and haven't had a single fight, maybe arguments but it always ended with a kiss, as I said, we won't start fighting now.

"Okay." She swallows harshly, before letting out another breath, maybe our expressions are different at the moment but we're both nervous, we're both scared, both terrified.

"Tell me everything you feel about having a baby." I soften my words before raising my eyebrows as a motion to get her to crack a smile since she says I look ridiculous doing it,  but I get nothing in return. Just a deep furrow of her eyebrows as she tries to express her words in the best way she can.