Twenty seven

Levine Romanov
My knees buckle and I pale as I take in what Enzo is offering me, my father is nowhere in view but I know he's somehow listening to this as well.

"He isn't dead?" A horrified breath leaves my lips and his jaw clenches as he speaks, "No, this is your only chance to exact whatever the hell you're imagining on him, if you don't want to, just say no." He assures even when his words are rough.

I let them settle in my mind, absorbing what this means, anger suddenly rushes through my bones roughly as I recall everything all over again.

"I want to watch." I suddenly utter, his eyebrows rise as he waits for my further explanation. "I want to watch him die, I won't do anything to him, I just want to see the bastard suffering." A sudden tingle of disgust erupts in my stomach but It's not enough to push my desires away.

"Okay." Just like that, that's how easy things are in our world, I suddenly stop In my tracks, my thoughts arising further, some against what my heart is currently pumping for, the other part is just as raging.

This is confusing, "Levine?" Enzo catches up on the shift but I dismiss him with a hand, trying to assure him that it's nothing, "Now?" I ask after a moment before he offers me a nod, and then he places a hand over my cheek.

"You can say no." He assures, I force a smile and raise my chin, "I want to." I insist fiercely, and he nods, amusement filling his sharpened features, "Okay." He murmurs after a beat and the doors creaks open to reveal none other than all six foot three of my father.

He doesn't utter a word. But his eyes are loud enough, a second later, we both follow him to god knows where, Enzo places a hand on my back softly and I relax into his hold almost out of instinct. Jesus.

"Where are we going?" I suddenly ask, my muscles turning stoic, "Unnecessary question." Enzo hisses under his breath, i narrow my eyes up at him, and my father doesn't spare us a glance.

We get into one of the cars, silence spreading among us, I go rigid as one of the guards starts talking in Russian, my eyes widen as I take in the fact he just offered us, I side-eye Enzo then ask, "Wait—do you even speak Russian?" I whisper only for us to hear.

He arches an eyebrow "I understand it, speak it? If necessary, why? Would you like if I talked dirty in your language, sunshine?" The sudden shift in his tone makes shiver cascade down my skin and my breath hitches at the intensity.

"What the fuck, Enzo?" I hiss out a laugh and ignore the way my cheeks are burning, "I still didn't get an answer. Should I start trying?" He rambles on, I feel like I'll burst from the amount of nerves in my body.

"No." The dismissal sounds so choked out that it barely makes sense. "I think practicing might give me an answer." He just goes on and on, "Stop." I order but it sounds rather begging.

His lips tip upward in a victorious smile, "You sound ravishing when you beg." His filthy words meet my ears and I glare, but my body flips like it's on fire "How much is left, dad?" I shift the whole demeanor of the talk.

My father turns to me, and I wonder if he's heard anything, I pray he didn't, "We're almost there." His words heighten my nerves as my muscles clench, Enzo must sense the shift in my posture because he doesn't continue his lovely speech.

Moments pass in silence and the car slows down.
My heart tightens in my chest.

As we both slip out of the car, Enzo guides me with a gentle hand around my waist, I find myself leaning into him. "I'm right here." He whispers and his words seem to calm all my tense muscles, just like magic.

We step inside the...house I suppose if that's what I can call it, because there's nothing like home about it, it's rather a basement, the smell of blood mixed with a disgusting smell of piss fills my nostrils and my lips twist.

Dad unlocks a door, to reveal none other than the bastard who I'm currently craving his downfall, "Finally!" He speaks with such relief you'd think dad is the saint who's here to help him.

The lights are on in a second, revealing the bastard, tied, his shirt off, chest scattered with blood, and his pants are wet with blood, it's a disgusting sight, one that makes my stomach roils, but I hold my head high.

And his eyes instantly find mine, among all the men that are scattered in this room, he easily, boldly stares at me, I'd say my clothes give it away, among all the black I'm dressed in a white shirt, so well... maybe it's my clothes, which sounds so naïve.

"My doll." He flashes his bloodied smile while grinning and instead of the usual fear and horror that fills my bones I find nothing other than the complete opposite, anger, rage, malice, and all the derivatives filling every nerve of mine.

"You fucking asshole." I curse under my breath and grit my teeth the longer I stare at him, his smile widens, and my eyes cast down his body in disgust only to find a sudden bulge in the front of his pants.

Enzo must notice because he says something that sounds like pervert dickfucker, and I watch in utter silence as one of the men hold him up, he just continues staring at me.

I recall something Enzo told me a few days ago, he's diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder, meaning that he's a sociopath, which makes him fearless, merely, because as I watch one of
The men slash his right arm.

He holds not a single ounce of regret in his dark eyes. He's grinning.

And his pants continue tightening around the boner he's getting among the worst circumstances ever, "Dad." I suddenly speak and my father tsks, before turning to me, "I want to be the one to kill him." I suddenly speak.

Enzo's eyes widen, dad just looks fucking proud as if that's a proud-worthy moment, then he hands me a gun, places it in my hand and all, I tug at the heavy metal, caressing the barrel before I aim it at the motherfucker.

And when he realizes what's to come, his sadistic grin doesn't falter "I've always fantasized about this." Fucking bastard, I tighten my hand around the gun, glaring at him.

"I hope you fucking rot in hell." I promise before I shoot. It hits one of his shoulders just like I intended.

When Enzo leans in to tell me "A shoulder hit won't kill him." I don't wait before shooting again, this time, it hits the other shoulder, the motherfucker whines in pain, so loud I can almost feel it rippling in my bones.

And then one last time, I aim, tighten my hand around the barrel, shooting at his head, this will kill him, and it soon gets proven in seconds as he groans and falls to the ground, his body stops moving seconds later. Announcing his death.

I let out a breath, my hand slowly lowering, and I hand the gun to my father, not even making eye contact as this feels fucking surreal, I feel like I'm out of my body and experiencing this, an out of body experience, yeah that's exactly what it is.

My body trembles, and I find none other than Enzo to lean on, he holds me, pulls me closer to him by the shoulder, "It's okay." He whispers in my ears, chills cascade all over my body, but he doesn't understand.

I'm trembling out of disgust, not regret, I don't feel an ounce of regret in my body, In fact. I'd go and do it over again, hell, I'm fucking proud, and that's where the disgust comes from, what kind of a person am I?

Am I just as monstrous as the men I live among? Just as dark and fucked up? "I don't regret it." I whisper Hoarsely, "I know." His response surprises me that it makes my eyes uncontrollably flit to his.

"I see you, Levine, always did." He whispers only for me to hear, men are scattered around us, some carrying the bastard who they're probably going to bury, some taking orders from my father.

But it doesn't stop what I do next, because In a beat, I find myself gripping the back of Enzo's head and smashing my lips down on his, he welcomes me, deepening the kiss with the same carelessness in my body.

And even though I can feel eyes surrounding us, I still kiss him, feeling at home as all my tense muscles calm, my heart pumps harshly.

"You're okay, sweetheart." He whispers when we pull back.
And for the first time all day, I find a smile spreading over my face.
Under the worst circumstances ever, but at least I'm with him.

A vote is really appreciated.