Twenty four

Levine Romanov
Two weeks have passed in a haze.
And as expected, I was a roller coaster of emotions, still am, one day I'd be sobbing in Enzo's arms the next I'd be throwing anything I could get a hand on at the wall.

Either way, he held me through it all, And as I stare at him, eating a spoonful of colorful cornflakes, I grin, "What?" He asks, sensing my wide smile, "You look cute." I point with my spoon at him as I swallow down my breakfast.

He raises an eyebrow, sunlight crossing over his unfairly beautiful face, sharp cheekbones held high like models, and those damn eyes that manage to change my whole being.

"The only one who's cute here is you, Romanov, don't call me that." He frowns, pointing back with his spoon, "the word Cute and calling me Romanov in the same sentence isn't exactly convincing." I ramble on.

Not exactly knowing where this is heading, just having fun, slowly, I've recovered, physically completely, and mentally, a huge part of me has woke up and believed that this isn't over.

Sure it's been so hard to just ignore the past that's been haunting me so much lately, but it's not impossible, "Your father cannot handle such disrespect against his ancestors name." He raises an eyebrow teasingly and I smile but my stomach dims at the reminder of him.

We haven't talked much about what happened, but I can easily recognize his concerned actions toward me, he calls daily, and if not, he makes sure to text me, he asks a lot, maybe he's not as obvious as my precious mother. But his worry is showing.

After a couple of days of hiding the truth from my mother, he said that he could no longer just stare at her knowing that he's lying, but he still regretted telling her, she fainted upon hearing what happened.

It broke me that I couldn't be there with her, but what bloomed hope inside of me is that we're visiting soon, for something urgent, according to Enzo's words.

"Won't tell me about the urgent thing?" I emphasize and watch as his whole expression transform, cheekbones sharpening as he cuts eye contact with me.

"No." He instantly closes off, placing that same cover between us both that suffocates me, I glare, starting to get annoyed by this whole thing, before he suddenly stands up.

And my glare thickens "And you say I'm the coward." I provoke as I stare up at him, he narrows his eyes down at me and it looks as if he's holding himself from uttering what it's about, a vein in his neck protruding.

"It's for your sake." He assures but it doesn't erase my anger, hell, it spikes it, "I'm sick of you hiding shit from me just cause you believe I can't take it." I snarl, it's not something new.

But my emotions have been heightened due to the recent event, I'm hypersensitive I can admit that but I can take it, he clenches his jaw and scratches it as he cuts off eye contact with me.

And just when he parts his lips to speak, he shuts it back, not offering a single word, "Later, Levine." He walks away, I stare ahead of me, glaring at the wall. Before glaring down at the cornflakes as if it's their fault.

Clenching my hand around the damn spoon.

*:・❀*:・

I'm this close to punching Enzo in the face, Jesus, this was definitely driven by my hormones, "You've been glaring ahead of you for the past two hours." He states under his breath.

Before strolling outside, I'm sitting on one of his lounges in front of his damn huge pool, "I wonder why." I state mockingly before he comes in view, and it feels as if I'm struck momentarily as I take him in.

He's wearing a swimsuit, his chest tatted and muscled, to the point where I don't even hide as I check him out, my eyes trailing over his body, when I look back up, his lips are tipped upward in a smug smirk.

"Don't look at me like that." He suddenly says, his voice so thick it's almost unrecognizable, "Why?" I ask, my breath catches in my throat as I stare up at him from my position.

He takes a step toward me. And I fight the urge to bluntly stare at the hard ridges of his chest, eight packs, fucking eight packs, "Because you look like you want me to kiss you." He suddenly says and my stomach flips, heat pooling through my insides and this time when I feel the hint of arousal through my body I don't deny it.

I stand up, "What if I want you to?" I grin, but my heart is pounding so goddamn hard I barely hear myself, his breath hitches and he looks away as if he's trying to gather himself...or no, he's stopping himself from doing something.

"I know that sarcasm is a part of your soul but..." he never finishes as he stares off at me, and whatever he sees on my face, makes him curse next.

"Now You look like you want to kill me." He explains a second later, I smile at the shift of his sentence, "You know what you look like?" I provoke, pushing his buttons like he does with mine.

Wanting to see how far he can hold back, cause I'm in hell here, "What?" He rasps under his breath, his muscles tensing visibly, and mine do too, "Like you're being tortured." I shrug.

"I am, yeah." He replies so seriously that I can barely catch up on the sarcasm...if it even exists in the first place, "And why is that?" I ask, raising an eyebrow as my heart skips a beat.

"I want you." He says next. His eyes glisten with his own arousal, words thick with the sheer line between self control and losing it, my lips part as I suck in a breath.

"Then take me." I respond, my voice throaty as I swallow, his eyes darken and it's almost as if he's been waiting for his last straw. Because the next second, he curses. Something that sounds like fucking—I don't get to finish thinking in the first place because,

He smashes his lips down on mine.

his hand working along my nape as he pulls me closer, I kiss him back with the same maddening force. And I don't even realize how much I've been longing for his touch to consume me until this.

"You taste better than I dreamed of." He says between the kisses and I smile against his lips, "You dream of me?" I ask breathlessly, "All. The. Fucking. Time." He kisses me between each word.

And when we pull back, I stare up at him, lips parted as my chest heaves with desperate breaths, his throat works up and down as he stares at me, before reaching out and tugging a strand of mine behind my ears like he always does.

"You're really great at hiding your desires." I hold up my thumbs, as if that's something normal to do after kissing, I don't even know.

He smiles, and it's fucking breathtaking, "I never hid them." He retorts, my eyebrows jump, and my mind instantly goes back to something, as I smile in a silly way, "So you were jealous of Nicholas." I point at him.

His smile falls and his jaw clenches.
I grin further as he proves my point.

"Yes." He says through gritted teeth, I inch closer to him as I place two hands on his naked chest, his muscles tense beneath my touch and I smile in triumph, "It was hot don't worry." I emphasize in a whisper.

"Are you saying I'm hot, Levine?" He arrogantly responds, I roll my eyes, but instead, I focus on his hard muscles. My fingers trailing along the ridges, as my lips part. But He holds back my hands.

"Stop." He demands but it sounds like a beg. "You can't handle a woman's touch, Lorenzo?" It's the first time I call him by his actual name as I provoke, "I can't handle yours." Touché. It's like he knows when to say all the right things.

"Your mouth needs to be shut." I protest, he stares down at me with his dark eyes, "Then shut it, sunshine." He orders and I smile before I stand on my tiptoes, his hands come around my waist and I smash my lips on his.

My hand disappearing into his hair as my mind wanders to a peaceful state it's never been into, but it seems like Enzo's presence has this effect, it calms down my demons. Just as I do with his.

A vote is really appreciated 💓