Thirty eight

Levine Romanov
Anger fills my bones, replacing every ounce of sadness I had earlier, "Stop moving." I order under my breath as I retrieve another cotton pad, filling it with alcohol as I clean up Enzo's wound.

His nose isn't broken, and honestly he doesn't even look bothered by the possibility, "Talk to me." Enzo whispers, I let his tone calm my nerves, the magic it does spreading through my body.

"I'm angry." I admit what's obvious, but it feels as if I'm desperate to get my emotions out, "What else?" He tucks a strand of my hair out of my face, I sigh, letting my muscles relax as I clean up any trail of blood on his nose.

When I stand up he grabs me back down to his lap, his hands on my hips firmly as he pierces me in my place, "Levine." He pleads, my stomach tightens, flipping in anticipation.

"What?" I ask, my voice shaky as I try to suppress the mixed emotions bubbling up and clamping my throat shut.  "Who is he?" He grits out between clenched tooth as he caresses my cheek.

"Dominic." I state, knowing exactly who he's talking about, the other bastard that my whole body is raging for, he tilts his head, giving me a knowing look and I sigh exaggeratedly as I flit my eyes away from his.

"Remi." I breathe out moments later, rubbing my jaw, "Hm, what did he do?" He asks, his tone carrying an edge I haven't heard for a while. One that sends shivers cascading down my skin.

Not because I'm scared of him. Even when he looks damn fucking scary, "What did he do to you, Levine?" His voice lowers to a menacing tone, "Not as bad as you think." I start, assuring him at first cause he looks murderous.

And it's the truth.
"I'm listening." He points out, I gulp, choosing to stare right at his eyes. Getting lost in them more than I usually do, the black with gray specks inside, I don't even think he knows he has those.

It's on the tip of my tongue to speak about his eyes and just ignore the truth, but I hold back, "He liked me." That's where it all started.

He listens. His look intensifying as he stares at me, "After I was already with his best friend, Dominic, but that didn't stop him from being a pain in the ass." I explain tightly. It didn't stop there.

"He was too reckless, too impulsive for his own good, so he didn't exactly think before he acted on his damn impulses." I'm stalling I know, I could just throw the damn thing at him flat out but I think I'm preparing myself more than I'm doing him.

He doesn't interrupt me, listening, like he always does, "He would text me from different numbers, I'd block them and he'd find another way to contact me, that went on for months. Until I had enough." I clench my jaw, tightening my fists.

His breath deepens, and he seems to be holding himself from saying something, I don't want him to speak, because I'm afraid that his words, which will most likely be assuring are going to break my fraudulent behavior of being brave.

"I confronted him, in front of his other friends, not in front of Dominic, he laughed at me, said I'm delusional and that he wasn't doing me shit, I showed the proof and I was just bluntly ignored, they laughed in my face, and it almost seemed as if they knew." I choke out under my breath, my chest tightening.

It's something mild compared to the danger of our world, but the humiliation always stuck with me, it always reminded me that I was just a teenage girl after all.

"Knew that he harassed you?" Enzo asks through gritted teeth, his jaw clenching, "Yeah." I breathe out, rubbing my hands together as I fidget in my place.

"It was the humiliation you know. Not the situation." I explain, feeling small as I realize how trivial my problem really is, and how long it took for me to spill it out.