Thirty seven

Lorenzo Petrov
"What about this one!" Levine's excitement lights up the whole room as she points at another drink that's listed through the menu.

"Just order them both at this point." I shrug, smiling as I stare down at her, "I'll be freezing by then." She wants two slushees, or more specifically, she's confused on which one to pick.

"I'll order a hot drink, you can sip some of it." She hates those, but so do I, "You hate hot drinks." She shoots back almost instantly, My body relaxes at her words.

"I just prefer the cold ones, change is needed." I despise hot drinks, but if it'll help her out of her misery, I'll gladly drink a liter of them. She eyes me, narrowing those gray eyes at me as suspicion fills them.

"Okay whatever." She gives up and sighs exaggeratedly, I internally smile, "Choose your drinks." I raise an eyebrow when she continues ogling the menu in her hand.

"Um-I want an iced frappe, AND a strawberry shake." She emphasizes to the waitress at our table who just smiles warmly back at her, "Anything else?" She asks politely, "Yes, a latte." I order, she nods, scraping the order down on her notebook before she leaves seconds later.

"This is really cute of you you know." Levine nudges her shoulder in mine, quite literally, I have to suppress a smile. I've always loved the way she lets herself be in front of everyone, I love that this woman doesn't care about being loud now especially since she said she hated it when she was a kid cause she had all the attention.

And well, attention isn't always good attention, it's usually the bad type for that matter.

"What is?" I narrow my eyes as I stare down at her, confusion clear in my question, "Uh huh, the way you hate hot drinks and ordered one for me." Her eyes are quite literally turning to hearts as she speaks with a tone that sparkles warmth through my body.

"Anything for my lady." I raise an eyebrow. She grins, "Your lady?" She raises an eyebrow back at me, I roll my eyes but my smile just pulls up further, "Yes." She enjoys pointing out whenever I call her my something. As if marking my territory is something that turns her on.

Even though my wording would probably earn me a slap to the Face if I said it out loud. "you're very..." her words trail off and before I'm throwing back at her a teasing comment like charming or stunning.

Her whole expression transforms and my body turns tense at the sight of her paling face, the smile that instantly vanishes and the horror I see in her eyes that were sparkling moments ago.

I turn to look at where she's looking, there isn't exactly anything odd except the loud group of guys that stroll inside the cafe, they look normal, like the guys we see around here in London.

One of them is standing, ruffling a hand through his blonde hair, before he turns, his eyes settling on us, and I turn again, my eyes landing on Levine, whose lips are now twisted in disgust.

"You know them?" I ask the most obvious question just to get her to face me, to stop clenching her hands into fists, I reach out and untangle them, her attention shifts to the action. Her eyes down to her hands as if she's ignoring my eyes.

"Yeah." She breathes out, her voice shaky as if she's trying to stop herself from either screaming or crying, I hope it isn't the latter, "They're Dominic's best friends." The name registers into my mind in an instant, her ex boyfriend's name has been clouding my thoughts lately so it makes sense.

"Is he one of them?" I ask next. Careful with my words cause I don't understand what's going on with her at the moment, "Yes, the one sitting in the corner." She motions at a guy who's nearly hidden with the others. His attention isn't on us unlike his friend who seems to enjoy the fucking view.