Thirty six

Levine Romanov
"No no, we'll go." I insist, shaking my head when more pain shoots through my abdomen and I wince, groaning into the pillow.

"We're not going anywhere." Enzo protests, or declares for that matter cause it seems as if he's already made the decision, relief fills my body at the fact that I won't be tortured through the day with my dear period, but absolute grief that I won't go out with Enzo.

And that I ruined the day as well.

I feel the bed's mattress dropping with Enzo's weight and I look up from the pillow as my eyes meet his absolutely stunning ones.

"Will you leave now?" I ask, my voice hoarse as I tilt my head, his eyebrows furrow so I clarify, "You took half the day off so we can go out, and we won't, so..." I let the sentence trail, my stomach dimming at his possible disappearance.

Realization falls over his face and he looks—astonished, as if I just uttered something mind blowing, "You think I'm a coward, sunshine?" He asks, eyebrows furrowed as he looks down at himself.

"I'm not so sunshine-y at the moment." I form the words with a struggle as I shrug, "What are you then?" He asks, a small smile tipped over his face as if I'm amusing.

"Dying." I exclaim and my point is proven when more pain intensifies in my abdomen. "Jesus." He murmurs when he probably sees the twisted expression over my face at the moment.

"So—why are you asking if you're a coward?" I raise an eyebrow when the pain calms for a moment as I stare at him. "Because you think I'll leave." He points out simply.

"It would make sense." I assure. And it would, I don't expect Enzo to be with me constantly, eventually, he'll leave, but I try to remove that feeling from my body because it makes me want to sob.

"Nothing about leaving my girl when she's in pain makes fucking sense." The roughness in his tone somehow spreads calmness through my body, it's something he's always managed to do even though his personality isn't—the calm type.

But he somehow manages to calm my demons or any second thoughts I have in my mind. I call it the Enzo effect.

"I love it when you call me that too." I whisper softly I'm not even sure he hears, but the way his eyes sparkle tells me that he indeed heard my words.

"My girl?" He adds and damn it.
My stomach flutters even when more pain shoots throw my abdomen.
"Yes." I choke out before sighing exaggeratedly.

"I love it too." He surprises me by agreeing, my eyebrows rise, "I'm afraid we don't love it with the same energy." He loves it because he's a possessive bastard, one I adore, but I love it cause it makes me feel secured.

"So you'll stay?" I jump back onto the main topic, raising an eyebrow as I feel my body relaxing, "I'm staying." He says forcefully and a part of me believes he's assuring me for more than just right now, but I push that feeling away.

Smiling as he hopples around until he settles beside me, opening one arm wide for me as I slip right into it, he cages me with the other arm and I inhale in his intoxicating familiar scent.

Resting my head against his heart as I hear his heartbeats jumping erratically, I smile, "Your heart is going crazy." I point out, my smile widening even more when his heartbeats fasten further.

"You love pointing that shit out don't you?" He teases and I laugh, giggling as I continue listening to his body's internal reactions, it's calming, distracting from the excruciating pain in my stomach.

"Do you want ibuprofen?" Enzo asks, sounding hesitant as he straightens, looking at me for confirmation, "It doesn't help a lot." I sigh, running a hand through my mess of a hair.