Fourteen

Lorenzo Petrov
Levine wants to play a game, my ass.
"A game." I state, not hiding the sense of boredom and judgement from my tone, she glares, and fuck, she looks beautiful when she's lethal.

Great, make her mad more, I take note of that and stare at her, the curly blonde strands falling in perfect coils across her face, my fingers twitch to reach out and pull them away from her face.

It's something I've been feeling for a suspicious while now, I need to get a grip, when did I start developing an obsession with people's hair? Why am I studying every single thing Levine does? And why is she so achingly fucking gorgeous?

"A game." She murmurs back, with a hint of challenge that makes me sober up as I stare down at her, "What kind of a game?" I ask, not running up with conclusions, "There isn't a specific thing I guess but I will say a word and you tell me the first thing that comes to mind when I do so, the other way as well." She shrugs, as if she's speaking her thoughts.

"How will that exactly help you know me?" I ask, raising an eyebrow, "It will get me a head start on where your mind is going." She explains quietly, my brows furrow as I let her words drown in my mind, I hate that I first thought of her as shallow, because currently, she seems much more complicated and wary.

"Fine." I accept, not exactly enjoying this as much as I'm curious about her, if that's the matter, it'll reflect her mind as well. "I'll go first." She says.

"Food." She starts.
"Vegetarian." I let my ties loose and speak the first word coming to mind, according to her rules. She suppresses an eye roll and I smile before speaking. And we go on for a while. Switching positions.

"Mafia."
"Russia."

"Pink."
"Ribbons."
She groans. And I grin.

"Dark."
"Eyes."
Mine.

"Family."
"Abuse." I grit my teeth at my answer.

"Body."
"Scars." Her response shocks us both from the looks of it.

"Gorgeous."
"You."
She's flushed.

"Arrogant."
"You."
I'm smiling.

"Nightmares."
"Death." Her response comes as a whisper and when her eyes trail off me, I decide it's time to end this.

"Game. Over. Boring as fuck." It's far from it, but it looks like she needs a break, and she wasn't about to admit that, she breathes out, and her eyes land on her plate.

"You choose the next game." She breathes out again, chest expanding with harsh rises, i clink my fork against the plate, "Don't remember what it was called, it's mostly questions...34 questions? That's the name's game, yes it is." I say with confidence that soon crumbles when she bursts out laughing.

Tears even well in her eyes as she continues cackling, and I don't even realize that my lips are now tipped upward. "21 questions, they're twenty one." She gasps.

"Like I care." Numbers, what's the difference? She smiles again and rolls her eyes, "Whatever." She grins, my chest flutters, "I'll go first." I start, leaning back in my seat as I keep my eyes on her.

"Why do you sleep with the lights on?" It's a dim light, but I've noticed it when I rushed on her when she screamed, she looks uneasy as I stare at her, squirming in her seat as she eyes the piece of cabbage that seems interesting, "I don't like the dark." I tsk at her answer.

She stiffens, not meeting my eyes, "Fine. Ask." She's not answering, sidetracking at best, "Who are those people in the paintings?" She asks flat out, not exactly shameful, I narrow my eyes "Humans." I answer with her exact same way.