Him ☆ Too Gullible

Moonlight spilt through the glass panes, tainting the attic floor with a soft white glow. Belphegor stirred in his sleep, grunting at the newcomer's call. The human's voice sounded through the air, quiet and timid, afraid to wake up the unintended.

"Belphie..." He could still hear their voice calling his name. Belphegor knew that he should greet them, welcome them with open arms, put on the facade of a harmless and wronged captive, but... he felt too enervated to get up and play the manipulation game right then. It was exhausting to put on an act and hold back his desire to kill that stupid human. It was truly difficult but he'll do it for freedom.

Shuffle

The sound of something rustling could be heard before the noises of footsteps began and then faded away. Did the human leave already? At least they knew when to give up, he'll give them that... But what did they leave behind?

He dragged himself up from the bed and headed towards the door, curiosity overwhelming his laziness. A small slip was stuck on the outside of a crumpled paper bag:

***

Belphie-

This is for you. I dropped by when you were in a pretty deep sleep. Was today very tiring? I hope you're okay! We can talk tomorrow if you're awake then.

Eat up! I borrowed the kitchen to make this for you. I hope you don't dislike vanilla cake pop coated with white chocolate. But just in case you do, tell me next time and I'll make sure to never bring it again~!

***

Belphegor folded the slip up and placed it under a pillow where he was sure Lucifer wouldn't check.

So, the human made him cake pops...? He carefully examined the context of the paper bag before taking a bite out of one. They weren't bad at baking, that was for sure. The smell of sweet chocolate filled up the small enclosure. Even the taste was delightful. It had the perfect sweetness and moisture.

After he finished eating, his lips curved into a smirk, slowly toying with the left-over popsicle stick. The game was going to his calculations perfectly, but seriously... just how could someone be so naive and gullible? The human was dancing on the palm of his hand without even realizing it. They wouldn't even imagine that he could just be using them and was planning to dispose of them afterwards. This was why he hated humans, always so foolish. They were always just so stupid and annoying. He hated them so much. It was all those humans' fault that Lilith died. If only they didn't exist... If only he could just destroy them all without anyone preventing him (they didn't deserve to live)... If only Lucifer didn't turn into such a loyal dog to Diavolo after his fall...

Ha! An exchange program to initiate peace? Nonsense. It was all just another of that imprudent prince's whims with Lucifer kneeling on his hands and feet, doing anything he could just to please him... even to the point of locking up his own brother.

Belphegor hated the suck-up Lucifer. He hated the selfish Diavolo. He hated the foolish humans. He hated the gullible exchange student. He hated them all so much... his hatred and rage were immeasurable.... But he couldn't do anything, not just yet. After the exchange student finally makes a pact with all his brothers and frees him, he'll set everything right, starting with the exchange program. And in order to do that? That human exchange student must die.