You ☆ Gifting Sleep [Part 2]

A knock on the door–

You rolled over onto your stomach, pushing yourself from the bed. Humming happily, you clicked open the door for the newcomer.

Oh... You paused at the sight of the eldest brother.

"This is a package delivered to you." His words were levelled and candid. No meandering chit-chat, no asking how you were, just straight to the point. How like him... he was just pretending that nothing happened, that he hadn't only threatened you but also nearly killed you on numerous occasions before.

Of course, you hadn't expected anything else from him but you had definitely not expected that he—out of all the brothers—would take the initiative to inform you about your pillows. Was he here to interrogate you about what you bought or something? Because you really couldn't think of any other reason why he would go out of his way to do this.

"What did you buy?" He handed you the package.

....Wow

Spot on huh? So he was here to interrogate you, no surprise there. It was just....

You were shaking. You can't help it. Seeing him reminded you of his demon form coming towards you, reaching his hand out, his eyes burning with rage.

"Hmm~" You put on the most sincere-looking smile you could muster as you hid your trembling hands behind your back. Stupid, stop shaking. "Just some pillows."

His gaze narrowed with confusion, clearly taken back by your answer. "Pillows? Why would you buy something like that?"

'To give to Belphegor, of course' —But you couldn't say that, not if you wanted to live.

You had to put on a brave face, suppress all your fear, make sure that your voice comes out strong so that it doesn't betray anything. You intertwined your fingers together, trying desperately to stop the shaking. Stupid stupid stupid. Why do you have to react this way? You wanted to run, to hide, to just be anywhere but here in front of the one who nearly killed you. And yet... you couldn't. You had to disguise your feelings, act unaffected, match his attitude... just so they didn't think you were weak; demons liked the weak and scared, they were easy prey.

You took a deep breath and forced an amused chuckle. You had shown him you were okay even though the breakdown you had the other day said otherwise.

"Why the sudden interest? Did you fall for me after all those murder attempts?" It was perfect; a silly little joke to mask the real person behind it. Though, it was a tad bit risky considering who you were dealing with... but then again, it was because he was like this that you knew your plan would definitely work.

"What?" His face flashed with disgust and something else.... (Guilt? Shame? Unbelief?) before returning to his usual stoic and unaffected demeanour.

There was no going back now.

"You better watch what you say around here if you don't actually want to die for real." His expression stayed pleasant but you could hear the threat that was hidden behind the facade. "You're quite fearless for a human."

You had to do everything in your power to not step back from his intimidating aura. The two of you just stared at each other, smiling, each concealing their own true thoughts. Both of you were waiting to see who would take the first step. He was watching you, observing to see if you were intimidated at all; while you just stayed rooted to the ground, too stubborn to give him the sadistic pleasure of seeing you scared.

...

After a few moments, Lucifer seemed to have gotten bored, He turned and walked away without a single farewell.

Your lips were frozen on your face as you mechanically closed the door. The forced smile never left you even when your legs gave away.

That was terrifying. You had been so certain that he would do a lot more than just stare you down after what you said. Your thoughts were a mess. Did you really do that and survived? When did you become so daring? Your eyes just stared blankly at the television in front of you. Maybe... maybe you should watch some TSL to calm yourself down. Then, you'll wrap up the pillows in gift boxes for Belphegor. Seeing his surprised face would help bring your mood up again.