You ☆ Hoax Chaos [Part 1]

It was chaos.

Question: how hard was it trying to stop a hungry Beelzebub, an angry Satan, and a fleeing Mammon?

Answer: VERY.

....And it all started when you were peacefully—emphasizing peacefully—trying to bake a chocolate cake you had seen on DevilTube for Belpheghor. It was never supposed to end with the chaotic brothers ruining your plan.

First, it was Asmodeus who popped into the kitchen and by chance caught you during your preparation for the cake.

"Oooh~" He asked with a curious glint in his eyes, "What are you making, Sheep–chan?"

You didn't stray from your movements, looking for the Devildom-ingredients that were listed in the video. "Nothing much, I'm just trying to make a Hoax Chocolate cake. I saw it on DevilTube."

"You mean the one that is super trendy on Devilgram right now? Demons say that it is soooo delicious and has this nice calming effect."

You nodded absent-mindedly, still busy looking for the ingredients. "Hey Asmo, do you know where the Hoax Chocolate is?"

"Hm? The Hoax Chocolate? Let me have a look, I'm sure we have it somewhere hidden away. It's a bit dangerous for Beel to accidentally eat so I remember Lucifer placing it around... here..."

You turned away from the Avatar of Lust, leaving him to find the chocolate as you look over the recipe again. Barely a few seconds passed before the second disrupter arrived.

Satan walked into the kitchen, taken by surprise when he saw the pair. "I didn't imagine that you guys would be here at this hour. I might have expected Beel but you two? What are you guys doing here?"

"Hi Satan~ Sheep-chan here is baking a Hoax Chocolate cake!"

"Oh, I read about this chocolate lately. It is said that when someone consumes even a small piece of Haox Chocolate, all their sense will be overtaken by its magical effect, making them completely delirious. They will come to believe that everything is a giant deceit and that everyone is lying to them. However–" Satan continued, "When the right process is used—in this case, this certain mixture—it can give the opposite effect."

"Huh? Why is that?"

No... Asmo... please don't ask Satan why.

You really do not want to deal with his scholarly talk after the measly hours of sleep you got yesterday. What is this? An info-dump? Why is there a need for info-dumping here?

"Because the other ingredients not only enhance the Haox Chocolate's ability but also twist it. So when it is mixed with the others, it can untangle people's denial and reveal their unconsciousness' truth."

You were here to bake a cake not have a whole study session about a freaking chocolate. Did they think you hadn't read the effect of the cake before deciding to make it?

Still... didn't demons want something that they can eat without worrying about weird spells and curses?

You didn't realize you said your question aloud until Asmo answered you as he handed you a pack of Haox Chocolate.

"Actually, it's perfectly harmless—oh, by the way, this is the last bit of Haox Chocolate we have—it offers tranquillity and eases the consumer's mind since it helps you embrace the truth in front of you."

You poured the akumu-cow milk into the dry mixture, humming a lullaby under your breath. The process wasn't a slice of cake to your human hands as you had hoped. Instead, it required a bit of help from Satan when chocolate stuck itself onto the bowl. Just as you were halfway done with the mixture, Asmodeus conveniently decided that he should go off to do his nails, leaving you and Satan fighting over what cake mould should be used; you fought for star and he fought for cat.