Him ☆ Strange Feeling

Belphegor didn't understand the human. They were so confusing and so strange. No matter how many times he thought about it, the human was still as weird as ever. There was never a sudden stroke of understanding or anything. The most it did was confuse him even further.

It had been a few nights since the two of them binged games till early morning and the human seemed to have gotten even more comfortable than before. This was something that was definitely not in his calculation. He had only intended for them to forget about that one incident and make sure they didn't start feeling weary about him.

"You know Belphie... I really want to thank you. You're so kind to me. I feel so comfortable when I'm with you. Before, I was always so afraid and kept on getting nightmares after some of your brothers tried to kill me. They were all so hostile. But you... you were so nice from the start. I feel like I'll always be safe when I am with you." They smiled wistfully. "Our time together is always so enjoyable."

The human was laughing. Of all things, the human looked happy and content being here with him. They came every night without fail, either bringing something with them or just coming to chat. What was wrong with them? Why were they losing out in their sleep just to visit him every single night? Such a strange human...

"Ah.... It's no problem." There definitely was a problem but that idiot couldn't see it. He wasn't the nice and gentle demon that they made him out to be, instead, he was a liar, a manipulator; using them before disposing of them when they became useless. How could that moron be so oblivious? Such an idiot could be so easily taken advantage of.

"Hmm~" The human peered at him through the bars, a cheeky grin plastered across their face. They probably had a silly little plan running through their head.

"Wha–"

Their hand ran through his hair, slowly caressing it with gentle touches. "Your hair is so soft..."

Belphegor didn't know what to say as his eyes widened at the human's bold action. They looked like they were barely awake; their eyes clouded over in a daze. But... it was surprisingly comfortable, he probably could stay here for a little while. He leaned into their touch.

Another light giggle came from the human, their body swaying to the side. "You're so adorable but... why are there two of you?"

Seriously, just how were they even awake? They seemed like they were going to fall asleep at any given moment. Belphegor tentatively gripped their wrist, balancing them. He exhaled a sigh; his hand tilted their face, gaze catching theirs. With a wisp of magic, his eyes glinted in a mystic purple. "Look at me."

They froze, their expression melting into a lazy wonder as they stared into his mauve eyes.

A pause.

They turned. With a shaking breath, they started to walk in wobbling steps down the stairs.

The soothing aura of their sleep showed its way to him, finally indicating that they were finally asleep and getting the rest they needed.

Belphegor groaned. He relaxed after ensuring they had made it back to their bed safely.

That human–

Why were they so worrying...?

Humans are fragile beings. With just one touch, they could get severely harmed. But that human—even without the interference from demons—could still fall dead, all because they couldn't take care of themself. How were they expecting to stay alive if they couldn't even keep themself alive from some of the simplest things? He could do nothing and they would STILL die.

Belphegor really didn't know what to do with them.

They were hopeless.

Tick... tok...

...tok

Tick....... Tick......

Tick... tok... tick... tok...

The clock clicked as each second passed. With each passing, the more agitated he became.

Truth be told, it was lonely being here in the attic all these days without anyone other than the occasional Lucifer sending him meals (not that he'll ever admit it).

It wasn't that hard to pass the time when that human wasn't here. He could just sleep and slip away to dreamland, but lately, even that wasn't satisfying this empty sensation inside him. However, whenever they came, everything seemed to be so much lighter, so much brighter. He could feel all sense of fatigue and sloth easing away as if it had never been there. Even the hollow void inside him felt like it had been filled.

.... All of these made him wonder, just what was happening on the other side of this door with them and his brothers?

Were the human laughing and smiling with all his brothers just like they did with him? Were they talking and playing games together until late at night? Were they spending more time with his brothers than with him? Were they enjoying the moments with his brothers more than the moments they spent with him? Were all the things they did with him all the things they did with his brothers? Were his brothers also seeing that lovely expression on their face when they talked about their school life?

Without anyone distracting him, Belphegor was all alone with his own questions and thoughts.

Did his brothers also receive gifts from the human? Was it more than his?

His brothers get to spend more time with them, without ever worrying about others, without fearing anyone, without having to meet in a limited time. His brothers could listen to their words and laughter anytime they so desired. But what about him? What about Belphegor—the demon in the attic?

It made his stomach twist and knot. It was an uncomfortable tense gnarl that he did not enjoy.

He just didn't like this feeling... this ugly twist and tight compression accompanying the empty void. He hated it. He hated it. He hated it.

...He also didn't understand it.

This was all too confusing for someone like Belphegor.

Maybe he should go back to sleep.

Sleep was a simple and blissful thing. He could take his mind away from reality when he slept...

But this time even in his sleep he could not escape from those strange feelings. It continued to plague his mind, playing over and over again in a never-ending loop.

Just when were they going to unlock this door for him? He wants to get out soon...

To kill them, of course. This way, it'll probably also end this strange feeling too, right?