You ☆ Gifting Sleep [Part 1]

Pulling the blanket over your head, you curled up in a tight corner of your bed before scrolling through Akuzon. You didn't feel like getting out of bed today. The air hung with an abnormal sense of bitter chill, frigid and cold. You just wanted to stay huddled under your blanket all day and maybe get someone to get you a cup of hot chocolate. You snuggled the pillow you were hugging closer to yourself as the door swung open.

Just great.

"Hey!" Mammon's loud voice rang from the doorway, "Human– I mean..." He called your name but you only groaned. Maybe he wouldn't find you under the blanket and just leave... but luck was never on your side. He came up to your bedside, his shadow looming overhead.

"Oi! Why are ya still in bed? It's already noon!"

Nope nope nope. This was not happening. You were not allowing Mammon to disturb your day off by pulling you into another one of his shenanigans. Unlike him, you did not fancy being tied and hung to the ceiling. You would very much like to enjoy the day in your bed, away from the chill and chaos of the outside world.

"Please, Mammon..." you started, pulling the covers away, "I'm so tired today and I feel so cold. I just want to stay in bed all day."

The Avatar of Greed narrowed his eyes worryingly. "Hey, are ya okay? Are ya sick? Is there anythin' that I can do for ya?"

"Thank you, Mammon. Could you maybe get me a cup of hot chocolate or just a hot drink if you don't have that here?

You watched as the white-haired demon dashed out of the room. He was quite cute, wasn't he...? As long as you managed to get past his harsh words, his silly ways, and his little stealing habits, he was actually quite enjoyable to be with.

You turned your attention back to your D.D.D. and swiped through the online shop. There wasn't anything that you wanted to buy currently but–

You clicked. You bought. You paid. Perfect. It was ready to deliver.

You hummed happily at your findings. The moment you saw those pillows, you were instantly reminded of a certain sleepy demon. He would absolutely adore these luxurious and super comfortable pillows made from the finest silk of the human world and stuffed with the fluffiest devil-sheep's fur. You had been so enthusiastic about the product that you even bought matching blankets!

"Here ya go." Mammon returned before long, placing your hot drink on the bedside table. "What are ya lookin' at while grinnin' so stupidly?"

"Pillows."

He plopped next to you, "Huh? What did ya just say? Pillows?"

"Yep! Pillows~"

"Uhh... ya are excited about pillows? Is this a human thing?"

"But they're so beautiful and look sooo comfortable~!" You exclaimed in a sing-song voice. "Would it feel like sleeping on clouds...? Oh my gosh, I can't wait for them to arrive."

"It's good that ya are happy.... I guess."

"Oh! You must tell me when it arrives, okay? Promise? I want to get it as soon as possible!" —to give to Belphegor. But of course, you couldn't finish the rest of the sentence out loud.

"Oh. Ya. Sure." Mammon looked just outright confused and seemingly had no idea what he was even agreeing to.

There was just one thing further that you needed to make sure of.... A certain Avatar of Greed that better not even think about trying to snatch Belphegor's gift away. "You better not steal it, Mammon." You leaned in towards him, a smile plastered across your face. "...Or I'll personally inform Lucifer about your little adventure from the other day."

A gulp and then: "Anything you want, your majesty."

"Of course."