War

Hadongkwan Restaurant

The moment they arrived at the restaurant, Karina noticed how the staff welcomed Winter with big smiles. Most of them addressed the latter by her first name which made Karina think that Winter is a valued costumer in that place.

Most of the staff, especially ladies, were obviously captivated by their arrival.

Some are looking at Minho , some are thrilled over Winter. Karina feels proud to walk beside Winter at that moment with their hands intertwined. She can't help but smile to herself each time she sees some glare of disappointments from the female staffs.

Sorry ladies, she's mine tonight.

Karina doesn't care if some of those staffs are already killing her in their minds because there is a bigger fish that she needs to deal with. She's not sure if Minju is deliberately doing it but she feels like Minju is competing with her in some ways, especially if it concerns Winter.

They sat on the couch facing each other by pair. While waiting for their food to be served, the manager and the chef approached Winter. Karina noticed how glad the chef is to see Winter there. From what she heard, Winter hasn't shown in that restaurant for one month now. They even excused themselves to talk to Winter alone.

"I'll be right back." Winter squeezed Karina's hand as she was about to get up.

"Sure, enjoy yourself," said Karina . She felt like a baby when Winter patted her head before leaving.

Minho stood up from his chair too. "Okay, excuse me for a while ladies, I need to make a call."

Both the ladies nodded. And just like that, Karina and Minju were left alone at the table. They were silent, obviously feeling awkward at each other. Both are throwing quick glances at each other from time to time. Karina knew that Minju was feeling what she's feeling. Pretending to be Winter's girlfriend is not hard but being alone with Minju is really uncomfortable.

"It seems that the staffs here surely loves Winter a lot." said Karina , trying to start a little talk.

It made Minju smile. "If I'm not mistaken, Winter always goes here at lease twice or thrice a week. She's in love with the foods here. She always talks to those two each time we go here before."

Karina took it down in her mental notepad. She noticed how Minju keeps on pointing out the things Winter had done with her before.

"What do they usually talk about?"

"It's mostly about food and recipes, which I don't understand," said Minju , rolling her eyes. "They always try to get Winter's point of view on the food.

Sometimes it's the other way around, Winter is asking them about the food." Karina got curious in the newfound information. "Why are they doing that?"

Minju's eyebrow rose. "Hmm. Didn't you know that Winter is a good cook?"

"Really?" Karina suddenly remember the breakfast she had with Winter in the office pantry.

I told her that I always imagined myself being with someone who loves to cook. Oh my gosh!

"Yes, she loves cooking a lot. I'm surprised you haven't figured it out yet," said Minju, chuckling a little. "If it wasn't for her love of photography I think she'd get culinary in college instead. Don't tell me she hasn't cooked food for you yet?"

Karina shook her head. "Well, she mentioned that she loves cooking but she only enjoys it if there is someone to share the food with. I've only gone to her apartment once and haven't tasted her cooking yet."