Cannot

Winter is staring at the chocolate Karina gave her last Monday.

I remember telling her about traditions during Valentine's Day. So, what was she implying when she gave me this?

She ran her hands over her scalp as she plops down her bed. It's Friday night and the plan of taking Karina out was ruined because the latter had invited a friend to have dinner at her place. The idea of Karina being alone with him at the moment is killing Winter .

Uuuugh. I'm such an idiot for even thinking that they were only friends!

She knew it, the moment she saw them walking the other day, that there was something different about them. She just never thought that she'll get all the answer sooner.

But the conversation she had with Yunjin earlier somehow gave her temporary peace. Yunjin has a point, and Winter knows herself that she felt it too. Karina has something for her and Winter needs to find out how big or small that something is.

Should I really talk to her now about it?

---

The weekend passed and the two still haven't talk to each other yet. No one made an attempt to do the first move. And Winter, who thought she'll be better this time, was tortured even more. It went worse because Heeseung started to drive Karina every morning and picks her up every afternoon.

Winter's just faking a smile whenever Yeonjun and Giselle talk about Karina's love life. Those two are so excited for their friend. There are days when Winter sees Karina's empty chair and Giselle will just tell her that Karina and Heeseung went out for lunch or he picked her up early.

Not wanting to hear more about it, Winter tried to stay away from that team and busied herself in tennis instead. She put all her efforts in every practice in hopes of somehow forgetting her drama for a while. There's no point lingering on it anyway because she'll suffer more. Beside, she's got a competition to worry about and that's where she should focus now.

---

Friday --- 6:17 pm

It was after a week of avoidance when Winter and Karina into each other in the hallway. Winter is about to go home that time and Karina is walking back to her station from the restroom.

Both stopped walking abruptly at the sight of each other.

Winter isn't sure what to do, to ignore or say hi. There are only a few people left in the office that time, a reason why Winter can't just simply say she didn't notice Karina.

It was Karina who smiled first. "Hey."

Winter pulls the strap of her bag over her shoulder, trying her best not to melt.

"Sup?"

"Good. You?"

"Likewise." Winter turned her attention to Karina's table saw the PC still turned on. "Overtime?"

"Yeah. Got deadlines to meet. You were on OT too?"

"Yeah, just finished wrapping things up."

Then there was silence.

Winter is staring at Karina now and all she can think of is how much she missed this girl.

"Uh.. so.. you're going home now or tennis practice?" asked Karina.

"Home. No tennis today. You?"

"Just finalizing few more things."

"Umm, would you... do... do you have a ride home..?" asked Winter, her palms starting to sweat.