Honey

Ugh! What now!

It's already 1:57 am and Winter is still wide awake. She's supposed to be asleep by now because of her early schedule but the idea of picking up Karina in the morning, like a real girlfriend, is keeping her excitement up to the highest level. Endorphins flooded her brain and it's just won't allow her to sleep.

She tried everything she can to doze off to dreamland. She's not sure how many times she's been rolling on her bed just to find the most comfortable position that could put her to slumber. She fell asleep past three in the morning.

Groggy Winter woke up at six o'clock and felt like she'd slept for fifteen minutes only. It doesn't matter though because she doesn't want to be late. After she bathed herself she saw a text message from Karina.

"Good morning! Let me know when you're on your way. I'll be waiting for you outside my gate."

Winter grinned in excitement. This is one of those moments she appreciates living alone because she doesn't need to worry about someone seeing her in that state: giggling in delight like a crazy person.

Karina was already waiting outside her house when Winter arrived. Karina purposely set it that way because she wanted to avoid the possibility of Winter getting out of the car and be seen by her mom. Karina had set her mind to enjoy this trip over the weekend and she doesn't want her homophobic mom to ruin it.

When she entered the car Karina was taken aback by Winter's charm. This is not the first time this has happened. In fact, this keeps on happening during each first sight. Winter is wearing a simple printed black top with a black blazer jacket and glasses. Karina is still wondering to herself how this person could look so appealing in whatever she wears.

 Karina is still wondering to herself how this person could look so appealing in whatever she wears

Winter on the other hand, as usual, always mesmerized by Karina. Whatever Karina is doing: sitting, walking, thinking, frowning, everything is just making her heart melts. She's still wondering how things ended up that way. It's like a dream come true for her: spending the weekend alone with Karina plus she gets to pretend that they are together. What could be better, right?

After their work, the pair quickly stopped by at Yunjin's place to get the flowers they'd reserved the other day. They drove straight to their destination, enjoying the view on the way, talking about random stuffs, and occasionally teasing each other.

They finally arrived at the resort. Winter saw Minho and Minju right away when they entered the parking lot. The two were waiting for them just outside their car. Minho signaled Winter to park beside them.

After parking the car in place, Winter didn't realize that she was staring at Minju. She can't deny that Minju's presence still gives her uneasy feelings.

"Hey, Karina called, squeezing Winter's hand on the gearshift. "We're going to enjoy this trip together, okay?"

Winter's heart melted at that. "Of course, of course, we surely will. Come on."