Family

"I always knew that our meeting in Taipei wasn't by accident. We were really meant to meet there for some reasons," said Yunjin, pointing a finger at the receipt in front of her.

Winter looked down carefully at the paper and signed on it. "Whatever, serendipity lover."

Yunjin playfully hit her in her arm. "Yah! You wouldn't get Karina if it wasn't for me, right?"

"And you wouldn't have met Chaewon (one of her coworker) if I didn't invite you to the party, right? I know what's your pointing out, yunjin. Why are you being so nostalgic?"

"it's because today is my second anniversary of being together with Chaewon! Have you forgotten that?"

"Oh? Is it really today?" Winter glanced at her watch to check the date. "Wow. How time really flies, huh? So, are you two going out later or what?"

"We're going on vacation for three days!" Yunjin excitedly exclaimed.

"Ah, yeah? Where this time?"

"Singapore or Turkiye."

"So, you're really over Taipei now?"

"Taipei will always have a special place in my heart, Winter," said Yunjin, smiling faintly. "But yeah, I have to move on someday, right?"

"And you've got the right to be happy."

"Exactly."

Winter stared at Yunjin, realizing how special their friendship had become through the years. "I'm happy you're with Chaewon now, Yunjin. That dude is a real nice girl."

"Oh, by the way, Chaewon kept on complaining how their department got boring since you left them."

"Oh, come on." Winter slapped her palm on the counter. "I quit my job almost two years ago and she hasn't adapted to it yet?"

"Maybe she just misses you?"

"Or maybe she just misses my visitors before? Aw!" Winter earned herself a slap from Yunjin.

"Chaewon isn't as flirty as you, Winter, hmp!"

"She's just good in hiding it," Winter retorted, rubbing her cheek.

Yunjin glared at her.

Unaffected by the glare, Winter casually leaned her elbows on the counter.

"Let's hangout sometime; you and Chaewon, me and Karina."

"Sounds good! I think we should do it at least once a month. I rarely see you now after you opened your studio."

Winter sighed at that. "Yeah, I've been really busy. Dad's putting more pressure on it."

"But at least you know that your business is in good hands, right?"

"Yeah.." Winter shrugged. "At least I'm doing now what I really wanted to do since then." She felt her phone vibrated in her pocket and checked on it.

"Alright. The queen has already texted me. I need to go now."

Yunjin raised an eyebrow. "Queen?"

Winter chuckled. "Karina's mom. She said Karina's in my apartment now and wants me to surprise her."

"Wow. Finally in good terms with your 'in-law, huh?"

"We're getting there, Yunjin, slowly but surely. Besides, loves conquers all, right?"

Yunjin grimaced immediately. "Ew! Corny!"

"Oh, come on! Let me be!"

"Just shut up and take your flowers now," said Yunjin, handling Winter the bouquet she ordered. "What's with those, by the way? I bet you've done something to piss Karina again, huh?"